The Student Room Group

Doing Dentistry as a second degree- what degree should i do before it?

Im looking yo study dentistry however dont think i would get in giving my current academic situation, with my alevels not going great as they were, and now my grades are slipping due to having to teach myself the rest of the year 12 content due to lockdnown. Anyways, what would be some good degrees for me to study at university, with hope of applying to do dentistry after completing that first degree???
Reply 1
my advice would be apply for dent anyways and work to achieve ur best in a levels even if u fall a bit short, the higher your grades the better. applying postgrad is pretty competitive so I wouldn't give up so easily on applying for undergrad. I'd put biomedicine/biochemistry as insurance which are good degrees if u plan on reapplying later on. check each individual unis websites tho they'll tell u what degrees they prefer
Original post by MFTV
Im looking yo study dentistry however dont think i would get in giving my current academic situation, with my alevels not going great as they were, and now my grades are slipping due to having to teach myself the rest of the year 12 content due to lockdnown. Anyways, what would be some good degrees for me to study at university, with hope of applying to do dentistry after completing that first degree???

I studied dentistry as a second degree (via graduate entry) and it is possible but you have to think about the extra financial cost of doing it this way. After your first degree you can apply for undergraduate dentistry or graduate entry dentistry. Graduate entry is extremely competitive with only 69 places between Aberdeen,UCLan, KCL.

Hope that helps, happy to discuss further
Reply 3
Original post by MFTV

Hi there I sent you direct on the Instagram

Quick Reply

Latest