The Student Room Group

We need your help!

This poll is closed

So, what do you think?

Yes I like the concept! 43%
I don't think I like it.57%
Total votes: 7
We’re looking for feedback on a campaign idea.

#BePartOfIt

#ImPartOfIt

We want to urge people to ‘be part of it’ through seeing how many people are already ‘part of it’. A community that shows the diversity and inclusivity of everyone ‘involved’. A visual hashtag that binds all platforms, mediums and people together. A way to connect, communicate and identify our brand instantly from shop windows to geofilters, social platforms and merchandise.

So how about it? Be part of it by giving us your thoughts! Complete the poll and add your feedback in the reply section!

im part of it student room research.jpg
Reply 1
I dont see the poll?
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I dont see the poll?

It’s on top.
Original post by New Model Institute for Technology and Engineering
We’re looking for feedback on a campaign idea.

#BePartOfIt

#ImPartOfIt

We want to urge people to ‘be part of it’ through seeing how many people are already ‘part of it’. A community that shows the diversity and inclusivity of everyone ‘involved’. A visual hashtag that binds all platforms, mediums and people together. A way to connect, communicate and identify our brand instantly from shop windows to geofilters, social platforms and merchandise.

So how about it? Be part of it by giving us your thoughts! Complete the poll and add your feedback in the reply section!

im part of it student room research.jpg

I’m sorry, but if you’re looking for feedback this is quite vague. The campaign itself is a great idea but how will it be maintained with everyone from all different backgrounds?
Reply 4
I think its a good idea, but like Thecrazydoughnut said, its quite vague. Like what is it really about? Is it about diversity? Im having trouble understanding that.
I think its a good idea, but like Thecrazydoughnut said, its quite vague. Like what is it really about? Is it about diversity? Im having trouble understanding that.

I don’t think they’ve thought it through properly. It’s fine if they haven’t and that’s why they’re asking for feedback. However it’s not screaming any particular message they want to in particular at present.
Reply 6
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
I don’t think they’ve thought it through properly. It’s fine if they haven’t and that’s why they’re asking for feedback. However it’s not screaming any particular message they want to in particular at present.

Yes, thats what I was trying to say. It seems like it doesnt really stand for anything.
Yes, thats what I was trying to say. It seems like it doesnt really stand for anything.

The poll is useless. 😓
Reply 8
"I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you!" Abe Simpson.

I'm with Abe; this 'it' seems weird. A campaign for a brand for a community for everyone that's everywhere and....what???
Hey,
Thanks for taking part!

We unfortunately can't give specifics on this campaign right now, and it will be part of a much bigger picture and of course be diverse and inclusive in its messaging and imagery. The target with this particular campaign really is anyone and everyone.

We are looking to see if the name and colours are strong enough, before we continue development :smile: sorry to be so vague at this stage!
Hey,
Thanks for taking part!

We unfortunately can't give specifics on this campaign right now, and it will be part of a much bigger picture and of course be diverse and inclusive in its messaging and imagery. The target with this particular campaign really is anyone and everyone.

We are looking to see if the name and colours are strong enough, before we continue development :smile: sorry to be so vague at this stage!

Looks like you’re cooking up a plan to hatch outside Downing Street at this rate.
Reply 11
We are looking to see if the name and colours are strong enough, before we continue development :smile:

So why didn't you ask this? Put up some logos and have a poll on which people liked best with voting for an option 1, 2 3 etc?

If that's what you want opinions on, then:

1. In the pics you've put up the hashtag stands out better on the red background than the white, but I prefer the 'softer' white speech bubble shape than the red one. Do the colours have any particular significance?

2. It's not clear if you were asking if 'be part of it' or 'I'm part of it' are alternative slogans, or if you are more focused on the latter.

3. Is the project going to be deliberately vague and called 'it' with a mass marketing campaign to explain what 'it' is, and to get people asking "what is 'it'?" or will the 'it' be replaced by a short word or abbreviation? What's going to make it clear what it stands for? If I see it initially in shops and on coffee cups, I might assume it's a retail thing.

4. Why a hashtag and not a slogan with a symbol unique to the project? # to me says Twitter campaign and doesn't look inclusive of 'all mediums and platforms'.

Quick Reply

Latest