The Student Room Group

Commuting to Uni

Let’s say you live 20 minutes away from the uni you are gonna go to by car, would you live at home or move into accommodation? I have a car so will need to commute most of the week to uni. With the car in mind, I’ll need to pay for a car parking pass for both staying at home and probably accommodation because there isn’t parking available in the accommodation listed Which is better?
Why would you waste thousands of pounds on accommodation when you live so close?
Me and several of my uni friends live around 15 mins away from uni and we commuted all 3 years.
Original post by Anonymous
Let’s say you live 20 minutes away from the uni you are gonna go to by car, would you live at home or move into accommodation? I have a car so will need to commute most of the week to uni. With the car in mind, I’ll need to pay for a car parking pass for both staying at home and probably accommodation because there isn’t parking available in the accommodation listed Which is better?

I would stay in an accommodation as that is half the experience of Uni. You have to pay for parking anyway so it’s worth it I believe.
Reply 3
With COVID19, Idk whether it’s worth the hassle to move out this year but move into accommodation for year 2?

Quick Reply

Latest