The Student Room Group

Still Waiting for PhD Application Result

Hi all.

I applied for the December deadline and I still haven´t heard from the department.

Is this common among you ?
That's not normal at all. What PhD was it and at what institution?
Original post by emartinez103
Hi all.

I applied for the December deadline and I still haven´t heard from the department.

Is this common among you ?

What, and you haven't chased it up in five months?!
A PhD in Theology at Cambridge University. Shall I get in touch with the department?

Thanks. Submit reply
Reply 4
Far from normal. You should have chased it up before now, do it ASAP. Cantab are usually on the ball re applications etc
Original post by Reality Check
What, and you haven't chased it up in five months?!

I know friends who got their offers late in June. I thought there may be delays because of the pandemic.
Original post by gjd800
Far from normal. You should have chased it up before now, do it ASAP. Cantab are usually on the ball re applications etc

Thank you very much. I will!
Reply 7
I know friends who got their offers late in June. I thought there may be delays because of the pandemic.

It is possible, but they will happily let you know if this is the case if you just send across a polite enquiry :biggrin:

Definitely chase this up sooner rather than later. It's not normal to have heard nothing.
Original post by Reality Check
Definitely chase this up sooner rather than later. It's not normal to have heard nothing.

Thanks. I have emailed them. My potential supervisors sounded slightly unconvinced so I gathered they put me on a waiting list to prioritise more sympathetic research projects.
Thanks. I have emailed them. My potential supervisors sounded slightly unconvinced so I gathered they put me on a waiting list to prioritise more sympathetic research projects.

Fingers crossed you hear something positive :smile:
Don't know about common, but it happened to me too. I applied for a PhD programme back in 2016 and never got a formal response as to what the outcome was despite numerous attempts to chase the admissions team with no responses to my e-mails. In fact, I've just logged in to the portal now and it still says 'decision pending'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending