CozyBrodie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,
I thought I would start a thread for anyone wanting to apply for drama school 2021.
It will be my first year auditioning and I will be 18.

I was wondering how many schools you can audition for as you can only apply to 5 schools on UCAS.

Thanks and good luck 🙂
jess323
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by CozyBrodie)
Hi,
I thought I would start a thread for anyone wanting to apply for drama school 2021.
It will be my first year auditioning and I will be 18.

I was wondering how many schools you can audition for as you can only apply to 5 schools on UCAS.

Thanks and good luck 🙂
Hey!
Good luck auditioning, I did all mine this year and I'll be due to start drama school in September 2020, feel free to message me about any of the process etc!
You can audition to as many as you want to, however like you said you can only apply for 5 through UCAS and then the rest you'll have to apply for directly on their websites.
CozyBrodie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by jess323)
Hey!
Good luck auditioning, I did all mine this year and I'll be due to start drama school in September 2020, feel free to message me about any of the process etc!
You can audition to as many as you want to, however like you said you can only apply for 5 through UCAS and then the rest you'll have to apply for directly on their websites.
Hi,
what drama school are you going to?
what is the difference between applying through UCAS and directly?
thanks🙂
jess323
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by CozyBrodie)
Hi,
what drama school are you going to?
what is the difference between applying through UCAS and directly?
thanks🙂
I’m going to Guildford school of Acting

And as for applying, ucas is overall easier because it’s all in one place and you can easily access any changes, it’s just really simple. If you apply directly you have to keep track of your application yourself- not necessarily a bad thing though. Plus, with ucas they sort out everything whereas you’d have to get your own reference etc for applying directly however, it doesn’t matter which way round you do it (or if you do both). You aren’t more advantages doing one over the other so it doesn’t really matter, however some schools you can only apply through ucas so I’d check first!x
kitscastle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by jess323)
I’m going to Guildford school of Acting

And as for applying, ucas is overall easier because it’s all in one place and you can easily access any changes, it’s just really simple. If you apply directly you have to keep track of your application yourself- not necessarily a bad thing though. Plus, with ucas they sort out everything whereas you’d have to get your own reference etc for applying directly however, it doesn’t matter which way round you do it (or if you do both). You aren’t more advantages doing one over the other so it doesn’t really matter, however some schools you can only apply through ucas so I’d check first!x
Oh what course? X I’ve been offered a place at GSA for Acting and haven’t found anyone yet!
jess323
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by kitscastle)
Oh what course? X I’ve been offered a place at GSA for Acting and haven’t found anyone yet!
No way! I’m on the actor musician course!x
annstudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Who’s going to GSA BA Acting?? I’m on the reserve
studentr3334
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by annstudent)
Who’s going to GSA BA Acting?? I’m on the reserve
Hi ! I'm on the reserve list too Anyone else heard anything?
Bakerking
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey! I’ve been looking for a thread for next years applicants! It’ll be my first year of auditions aswell, which schools are you thinking of applying to?😊
Lottie4554
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can audition for 5 through UCAS I think unless you don't get into or reject your 5 then you could use UCAS extra to get a sixth option. Some schools on UCAS conservatoires where you can also apply through and you can have up to 6 options on there. Also some schools like RADA, LAMDA and Guildhall have their own independent process so you can apply for as many of them as you want in addition to applying to schools through UCAS. Good luck with it all.
millydrinkwater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hia! This will be my second year auditioning. Does anyone know if the RADA and Italia Conti auditions will be online or in person? I can't find anything on their websites saying what the new procedures are.
Amp242
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, my dd is wanting to apply to RADA to start in 2021. I know it says auditions start in November... but does anyone know when you can access an application form to actually apply?
millydrinkwater
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amp242)
Hi, my dd is wanting to apply to RADA to start in 2021. I know it says auditions start in November... but does anyone know when you can access an application form to actually apply?
Hia! Most drama schools open applications around mid September/October. For RADA there is a hand written form you have to print out and mail. I’m not sure if you can access the 2021 form yet, but the 2020 form is still on the BA Acting course page for you to have a look at if that’s useful
Lottie4554
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amp242)
I think that they open for applications this month and the form will be on the website, there's probably a delay as they decide what to do with Corona.
Amp242
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, will just keep checking!
aingidh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m applying for BA MT at GSA, Central, Leeds Conservatoire, London College of Music and Chichester Uni . I’m 16 right now but I’ll be 17 when I start, due to being one for the youngest in my year in Scotland.

I feel like LCM and Chi I have the best chance at getting into, but GSA would be a dream.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aingidh)
I’m applying for BA MT at GSA, Central, Leeds Conservatoire, London College of Music and Chichester Uni . I’m 16 right now but I’ll be 17 when I start, due to being one for the youngest in my year in Scotland.

I feel like LCM and Chi I have the best chance at getting into, but GSA would be a dream.
Hey aingidh! If you have any questions about our Theatre courses, we are more than happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.9%
I'm not sure (30)
4.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (298)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed