RAF selection interview advice and current RAF operations info

Watch
lucie.outlook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I need a few examples of current RAF operations for my selection interview but am struggling to find any, I'm not sure what to search for or where to look. Any advice for good websites or operation names I could search? Also if you have any interview advice or important info about RAF life then that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
'RAF life' is a massive topic. It would help if you said what role you are going for and ask some specific questions.

The interview part of the selection is for you to show that you can research information, understand it and explain it in your own words. Hint, you are on a forum about the Armed Forces, and if you found this site, you can Google and find the organisation you are wanting to join and its current operations.
lucie.outlook
Rep:
?
I've applied for the intelligence analyst linguist role. And thank you for the advice
BareFacedLoady
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Surnia)
'RAF life' is a massive topic. It would help if you said what role you are going for and ask some specific questions.

The interview part of the selection is for you to show that you can research information, understand it and explain it in your own words. Hint, you are on a forum about the Armed Forces, and if you found this site, you can Google and find the organisation you are wanting to join and its current operations.
(Original post by lucie.outlook)
I've applied for the intelligence analyst linguist role. And thank you for the advice
Can't help with the role choice but in terms of RAF operations ect search through news articles. There is a specific paper called RAF news documenting current operations, where we're operating and what we're doing. It should also peak your interest which is massively important, rather than just quoting bits of info you've gathered.

All the best
Foured2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Found mine on the RAF News, have a look on there through the past year of articles and you’ll find some, only took me about 15/20 minutes to scan the news part to find the information I needed.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by lucie.outlook)
I need a few examples of current RAF operations for my selection interview but am struggling to find any, I'm not sure what to search for or where to look. Any advice for good websites or operation names I could search? Also if you have any interview advice or important info about RAF life then that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks
Hi

Go here, have a read through the back catalogue, you'll be able to find everything you need to know.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Laura0506
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Lucie.outlook, I will be applying for the same role, how far into the application process are you? I have found lots of information on the RAF social media on IG and Facebook that’s really interesting. All the best in your application x
lucie.outlook
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura0506)
Hi Lucie.outlook, I will be applying for the same role, how far into the application process are you? I have found lots of information on the RAF social media on IG and Facebook that’s really interesting. All the best in your application x
Hi. I've passed my selection interview so next step is the airman test. I ended up being over-prepared for the interview which was good. Thanks for the advice, all the best for you too x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads