Physical and mental health

Watch this thread
Oblivious_1510
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello. I am a year 10 student. During lockdown, I decided to start working out and did lose a but of weight. But then I stopped and I have gained that weight again. I just feel body dysmorphic. I am really stressed out. First reason is this pandemic. Second reason is about my health. Third reason is about my education. I just want to find a way to escape this all. I want to have a healthy body. I want this pandemic to end. I want to do well at my studies. Please somebody motivate me. Give me hope
username4910484
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Oblivious_1510)
Hello. I am a year 10 student. During lockdown, I decided to start working out and did lose a but of weight. But then I stopped and I have gained that weight again. I just feel body dysmorphic. I am really stressed out. First reason is this pandemic. Second reason is about my health. Third reason is about my education. I just want to find a way to escape this all. I want to have a healthy body. I want this pandemic to end. I want to do well at my studies. Please somebody motivate me. Give me hope
But you can have a healthy body. A healthy body is a loved body as well as a physically healthy body.
If you want to you could join the gym after lockdown again. Exercise doesn't always have to be for weight loss.
Its going to be funny when lockdown ends. Everyones roots are going to be terrible, our nails are going to f*cked, bushy eyebrows, hairy legs, hairy armpits. So it's OK. No one's looking their 'best'. How important is it really anyway?

Education is the most straightforward way to a better life. Most important word(s) being most straightforward. It's not the beit and end all of life.
You are worth so much more than an exam certificate in the same way that you are worth so much more than a number on the scales.

You go girl. You go as far and work as hard as you want to. You get what you put in.
Last edited by username4910484; 2 years ago
username5276926
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Oblivious_1510)
I know it's really difficult with the pandemic going on and the uncertainty of everything, but try to speak to people that make you feel good and that care about you. If you feel stressed out about it, call your best friend or someone you trust. I'm sure they can lift you up. And about your health, you can push yourself to work out again and to eat healthy. Go for a nice walk. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Do things you enjoy. If you want something enough, you can achieve it but you need to put the work in. You need to actively make that choice to do better.

And studies can be difficult at times like these, but trust me, education is actually not the end of the world. It's not everything. That's not me saying don't do well. Because doing well in your studies will benefit you because I always found that studying helped me with being organised and managing my time better later in life. But so many people have average degrees and end up doing really well. School is just a small part of your entire life. Once you're out of school, you'll realise how there are other more important things.

You can do this. I believe in you. We're all in this together x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.15%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (55)
55.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.04%

Watched Threads