The Student Room Group

Alevel help

For my alevels i decided to pick psychology, history, government & politics and French and i’m wondering if that was a bad idea.. I can see the workload being too much and i’m slightly worried...

My main concern is probably French tho because although I got 7/8/9s throughout GCSE and i’m predicted an 8, i’ve lost my motivation since lockdown and haven’t done any practice since the schools were closed. How difficult is alevel French compared to GCSE and would the transition be relatively smooth? (thats if i start practicing again)

Also I was wondering how difficult politics is? I’ve not heard much about it and was wondering if it was relatively hard.
Honestly, if you can handle the workload, I don’t see the problem. You can always drop one if you can’t handle it. I only suggest 4 if you’re genuinely interested in all 4. I don’t know much about french since I personally haven’t taken it but you will find it hard if you don’t have the basics and gcse material down. However, you don’t need to start revising or studying now. You’re perfectly fine for taking a break, especially when you’re demotivated. I’m sorry for not being insightful in the subjects you are taking (I do take history though and if you have any questions, free to ask) and I hope someone can give you an insight on those a levels :h:

Quick Reply

Latest