The Student Room Group

Can you apply through clearing when you’re at uni

Im in my first year at uni and I feel like I’m on the wrong course. I’m not passionate about what I do anymore and would like to transfer courses. I talked to my tutor about this and the only way a transfer could happen within my uni was if I got 60% overall at the end of the year. I’ve had some unexpected emergencies which disrupted my academic performance this year, so I don’t really think I’ll be able to get 60% this year. Would I be able to apply for another course at the same university through clearing?
Original post by velvets779
Im in my first year at uni and I feel like I’m on the wrong course. I’m not passionate about what I do anymore and would like to transfer courses. I talked to my tutor about this and the only way a transfer could happen within my uni was if I got 60% overall at the end of the year. I’ve had some unexpected emergencies which disrupted my academic performance this year, so I don’t really think I’ll be able to get 60% this year. Would I be able to apply for another course at the same university through clearing?

To apply for another course they will normally just look at your A level results and see if you meet their entry requirements. You should complete a UCAS form now so that you are already in the UCAS system and so can easily get onto a new course in Clearing. It is possible to do this while you are still on your current course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending