The Student Room Group

New school format

What does everyone think of the proposed school format where pupils attend school in a ‘week on, week off’ pattern, where half of the students are at school one week, and the others home learning, then they switch? Do you think it could happen?
No I dont think it would happen because school is a space where students can get help academically and other ways like how they can get support from free school meals and provide supervision for children of key workers
I don’t think it’s the best option I think doing morning 4 hours or afternoon 4 hours would be a better option.
Original post by jonathanemptage
I don’t think it’s the best option I think doing morning 4 hours or afternoon 4 hours would be a better option.

I still think that that wouldn’t work. You can’t do school really any way other than how it is. Even if the pupils can cope, teacher’s would end up doing double the work but then they won’t get much more pay, if any.
Original post by DanaH111
I still think that that wouldn’t work. You can’t do school really any way other than how it is. Even if the pupils can cope, teacher’s would end up doing double the work but then they won’t get much more pay, if any.

What if they did less subjects like English math science then 1 option could they do that do you think tbh I think they need to overhaul the education system but that would take time.
Original post by jonathanemptage
What if they did less subjects like English math science then 1 option could they do that do you think tbh I think they need to overhaul the education system but that would take time.

that'd be a problem for year 10 and 12 because they have a full day of school then go teach themselves something else. A lot of year 12s drop maths and English so are they gonna take up 2 new A levels. They might as well keep on home learning if they're not going to teach all our subjects.
It does not help parents, as one child could be in school one week, the next week another child. No help to years 10 and 12 who should in my opinion be the first to go back. Better I think to have the most important year groups go in, and accept that for others it will be school in September. I don't think reception and year 1 is practical given how they will not manage social distancing, and many parents if this becomes the case will keep their child at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending