Want more information about this university?
MythicalFaith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi! I have successfully applied for my position in the Pantycelyn halls for my first year of study. I do speak welsh and consider myself somewhat fluent, but have lost a lot of the language over the years studying at first language english and welsh second institutions (But I went to a completely welsh primary school.) I hope my time in a welsh environment helps bring back a lot of the language again

I'm pretty awkward irl lmao but I hope I can make some great friends during my time at the uni.
I will be studying Psychology and Criminology in english, but in order to make friends I am happy to teach basic welsh for any non native speakers that stay at the halls and want to learn ehehe!

Rydw I yn gyffrous iawn i astudio yn aber ac gobeitha wela chi gyd yn mis medi ( os ydi 'Rona ddim yn ymyrryd gyda ein cynlluniau ) Cadw'n saf, Stay Safe.<3
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MythicalFaith)
Hi! I have successfully applied for my position in the Pantycelyn halls for my first year of study. I do speak welsh and consider myself somewhat fluent, but have lost a lot of the language over the years studying at first language english and welsh second institutions (But I went to a completely welsh primary school.) I hope my time in a welsh environment helps bring back a lot of the language again

I'm pretty awkward irl lmao but I hope I can make some great friends during my time at the uni.
I will be studying Psychology and Criminology in english, but in order to make friends I am happy to teach basic welsh for any non native speakers that stay at the halls and want to learn ehehe!

Rydw I yn gyffrous iawn i astudio yn aber ac gobeitha wela chi gyd yn mis medi ( os ydi 'Rona ddim yn ymyrryd gyda ein cynlluniau ) Cadw'n saf, Stay Safe.<3
Hia MythicalFaith

Thanks for your message. Great news that you have chosen to stay in Pantycelyn! I'm sure living there will be a fantastic experience and that your Welsh language will start to flow again within a few days of moving in. // Diolch yn fawr am gysylltu gyda ni. Newyddion gwych dy fod wedi dewis aros yn Pantycelyn! Dwi’n siŵr fydd byw yno’n brofiad a hanner ac mi fydd dy Gymraeg yn dechrau llifo unwaith eto ymhen ychydig ddiwrnodau ar ôl i ti symud mewn.

There are countless opportunities to speak Welsh in Aberystwyth (academically & socially). I'm a member of UMCA (Aberystwyth Welsh Students' Union) and it would be great to welcome you to the Union during freshers week. // Mae cyfleoedd di-ri i siarad Cymraeg yn Aberystwyth boed hynny o safbwynt academaidd neu’n gymdeithasol. Dwi’n aelod o UMCA (Undeb Myfyrwyr Cymraeg Aberystwyth) a byddai’n braf iawn dy groesawu i’r Undeb yn ystod wythnos y glas.

It’s important to remember that everyone will be in the same boat so please don’t worry or feel nervous about moving in and/or starting your course. Aberystwyth has an extremely welcoming community both on and off campus so I’m sure you’ll feel at home straight away. I would definitely recommend joining at least 3 different clubs/societies during Freshers Week as these offer a great opportunity to meet new friends in addition to your flat mates at Pantycelyn. // Bydd pawb yn yr un cwch a ti felly tria peidio poeni na teimlo'n nerfus am symud i mewn a dechrau dy gwrs. Mae gan Aberystwyth gymuned hynod groesawgar a rwy'n siŵr y byddi di'n teimlo'n gartrefol o fewn oriau o gyrraedd!. Byddwn yn bendant yn argymell ymuno ag o leiaf 3 chlwb / cymdeithas wahanol yn ystod Wythnos y Glas gan fod rhain yn cynnig cyfle gwych i gwrdd â ffrindiau newydd yn ogystal â a dy ffrindiau ym Mhantycelyn.

Take care during this challenging time and we hope to be able to welcome you to Aberystwyth in September! // Cymer ofal yn ystod y cyfnod heriol hwn a gobeithio byddwn yn gallu dy groesawu i Aberystwyth ym mis Medi!

Kind regards // Cofion gorau

Elen (Student ambassador)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads