The Student Room Group

During argument with guy, his friend follows me

I was having an argument with a guy over text. Not a proper argument but I sounded really sad on the texts I was sending. Suddenly his best friend requested to follow me. I told him “your friend followed me”. Then his friend blocked me. He insisted he didn’t know who he was even when I said “there were pics of u on his profile”. He just said “I don’t know him” which was a complete lie. What’s going on. Why would his friend follow me when the guy was telling me he didn’t like me anymore. Why did he tell him to block me. Pls someone help
This still obsessing you since last time? There could be multiple interpretations about what happened, but is it really worth the effort? What is it about the situation that is upsetting you? Why not just leave it and move on. With boys there isnt always a perfect answer or explanation and if none existed in the first place then its a fool errand to try and make sense of something that is nonsensical.
Original post by 999tigger
This still obsessing you since last time? There could be multiple interpretations about what happened, but is it really worth the effort? What is it about the situation that is upsetting you? Why not just leave it and move on. With boys there isnt always a perfect answer or explanation and if none existed in the first place then its a fool errand to try and make sense of something that is nonsensical.

I just want to know if he likes me
Original post by Bananas999000
I just want to know if he likes me

Theres not enough contextual information and you arent taking in the more valuable lesson im trying to teach you.,
Boys dont always make sense and if there is no answer, then its silly to run round in circles creating one.

Which guy?

What sort of relationship?
How long , describe it?
Has he since been in touch with you?
Have you asked him?
Theres not enough contextual information and you arent taking in the more valuable lesson im trying to teach you.,
Boys dont always make sense and if there is no answer, then its silly to run round in circles creating one.

Which guy?

What sort of relationship?
How long , describe it?
Has he since been in touch with you?
Have you asked him?

You’re right there is a lesson I need to learn but I also feel if I understand this situation in any way it will help me. I just want other people’s opinions. We weren’t exactly dating we were just seeing each other, then he couldn’t anymore because he needed a circumcision for a medical problem. He said it would be 3 months. Then he said actually he didn’t know if he’d still like me in that time. We ended up having an argument and blocking each other. He texted hey in feb then pretended it was his friend (I think). He unblocked me on fb last week so I contacted him and we made friends, but he’s still not happy. I haven’t asked him why his friend requested to follow me because I’m scared he will block me again or just tell me something untrue.
Original post by Bananas999000
You’re right there is a lesson I need to learn but I also feel if I understand this situation in any way it will help me. I just want other people’s opinions. We weren’t exactly dating we were just seeing each other, then he couldn’t anymore because he needed a circumcision for a medical problem. He said it would be 3 months. Then he said actually he didn’t know if he’d still like me in that time. We ended up having an argument and blocking each other. He texted hey in feb then pretended it was his friend (I think). He unblocked me on fb last week so I contacted him and we made friends, but he’s still not happy. I haven’t asked him why his friend requested to follow me because I’m scared he will block me again or just tell me something untrue.

So you have met?
If he was keen he would keep in contact, he would be looking at ways to impress you and he would share imo in an effort to get closer.
If he doesnt know his mind after 3 months, then he is hardly mad about you and do you want someone who cant decide if they like you enough. Someone keen on you would already say that and be trying to stay close or interact. You are just not seeing it and creating false hope plus he is offering you scraps because its no effort, but he will offer no more. If he did like you and doesnt know whether that can last 3 months is pathetic and shows he isnt like warm, but you fill some of the boredom. He's not that into you, spend your time doing something or on someone who deserves your attention. O will bet any interaction with him will not come to anything.

The friend request is irrelevant it may be him, it may not. Perhaps they wanted a look at your photos, perhaps they wanted to spy.
He lied, which is always a good sign of someone you shouldnt have anything to do with, also it didnt take much to uncover so the lie was lame, which is another sign the think your are dim, he is dim and or he doesnt care. He will lie again.

Is that enough analysis of why he isnt worth wasting time and effort on? he certainly doesnt deserve 10 seconds of my time, much less than the time it took me to explain this.
So you have met?
If he was keen he would keep in contact, he would be looking at ways to impress you and he would share imo in an effort to get closer.
If he doesnt know his mind after 3 months, then he is hardly mad about you and do you want someone who cant decide if they like you enough. Someone keen on you would already say that and be trying to stay close or interact. You are just not seeing it and creating false hope plus he is offering you scraps because its no effort, but he will offer no more. If he did like you and doesnt know whether that can last 3 months is pathetic and shows he isnt like warm, but you fill some of the boredom. He's not that into you, spend your time doing something or on someone who deserves your attention. O will bet any interaction with him will not come to anything.

The friend request is irrelevant it may be him, it may not. Perhaps they wanted a look at your photos, perhaps they wanted to spy.
He lied, which is always a good sign of someone you shouldnt have anything to do with, also it didnt take much to uncover so the lie was lame, which is another sign the think your are dim, he is dim and or he doesnt care. He will lie again.

Is that enough analysis of why he isnt worth wasting time and effort on? he certainly doesnt deserve 10 seconds of my time, much less than the time it took me to explain this.

Thanks so much that helped

Quick Reply

Latest