kester.t_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’d like peoples opinions on the following question and if possible backed up with evidence...

How has medical advances effected speciation in humans?

For example, sometimes if a baby’s head is too large to enter out naturally a c-section is needed this would mean that more babies with larger heads (that originally would not have survived) are born

does this mean that due to the medical advancement of caesareans natural selection is hindered?
Plaguedbyfoibles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kester.t_)
I’d like peoples opinions on the following question and if possible backed up with evidence...

How has medical advances effected speciation in humans?

For example, sometimes if a baby’s head is too large to enter out naturally a c-section is needed this would mean that more babies with larger heads (that originally would not have survived) are born

does this mean that due to the medical advancement of caesareans natural selection is hindered?
I think you may need to reword your question, as I am fairly certain that speciation is where an ancestral species separates into two or more descendant species that can no longer interbreed due to genetic incompatibility.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.07%
Excited but a bit nervous (131)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.41%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.34%

Watched Threads