Tkt12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thought I'd make this thread as havent seen one made yet. Where's everyone thinking of applying and have you managed to get experience?
blindlove2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I am a mature student looking to apply to study Occupational Therapy at Southampton University (my first choice), Bournemouth University (second choice), Oxford Brookes (3rd choice), UWE Bristol (4th choice) and London South Bank University as my last choice. I have not managed to get experience as during the time that I was looking for a work placement everything started getting more serious with Covid-19. I did get replies from a few organisations though and I was due to do a work placement in the hospital but that got cancelled. What Universities are you planning to apply to study at? I am hoping all this mess with the restrictions and lockdown have settled down for 2021 since a huge portion of the degree involves placements.
Tkt12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by blindlove2)
Hi, I am a mature student looking to apply to study Occupational Therapy at Southampton University (my first choice), Bournemouth University (second choice), Oxford Brookes (3rd choice), UWE Bristol (4th choice) and London South Bank University as my last choice. I have not managed to get experience as during the time that I was looking for a work placement everything started getting more serious with Covid-19. I did get replies from a few organisations though and I was due to do a work placement in the hospital but that got cancelled. What Universities are you planning to apply to study at? I am hoping all this mess with the restrictions and lockdown have settled down for 2021 since a huge portion of the degree involves placements.
Hey im not too sure yet as to where I'm applying. Im thinking maybe southampton, cardiff and really want to apply to liverpool but i dont meet the subject requirements. I have emailed them to see what they say as I'm doing a social science. But all the unis are like 3hrs away from where i live and i dont know if I'll be driving in time. I am gonna be living out but dont want travelling to take up the whole day if i decide to come home for a weekend. Same i havent been able to get experience which is annoying. Have you done any volunteering?
bownessie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi all, planning on studying in 2021. I’ve applied for Northumbria, Sunderland and New College Durham (podiatry), but deferred a year. I’m a mature student based in Newcastle with a child on the way and a house, so I can’t move to study! I have my Northumbria interview tomorrow!
Tkt12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by bownessie)
Hi all, planning on studying in 2021. I’ve applied for Northumbria, Sunderland and New College Durham (podiatry), but deferred a year. I’m a mature student based in Newcastle with a child on the way and a house, so I can’t move to study! I have my Northumbria interview tomorrow!
Hi good luck! Hope it goes well. Can i ask why you've already applied and have your interview, if your going to be going to uni in 2021?
bownessie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Tkt12345)
Hi good luck! Hope it goes well. Can i ask why you've already applied and have your interview, if your going to be going to uni in 2021?
Thanks

So you apply for a place in 2021 now, you just choose 2021 as your start year. My wife and I have a baby due in October and we've agreed me starting uni while we have a newborn would be a bit much. We'll have less income next year when my wife is on maternity leave, as well, and I have a well paid job now- so it makes sense to wait until 2021.
Josiehb7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I’m thinking of doing occupational therapy at either Southampton or Oxford Brookes in sep 2021 and would love to get to know some people who are in a similar position 😊
Last edited by Josiehb7; 5 months ago
Tkt12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
has anyone started their personal statement?
blindlove2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, yes I have. I have finished my personal statement and I had it checked with someone from my college already. Have you started yours?
Traceyr2734
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi im looking to start 2021 at Northumbria as a mature student with children.
Does anyone have any advice/tips for applying, gaining experience?
Thank you
Tkt12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi guys. where is everybody thinking of applying? i'm struggling to make my 5th choice
Stevie_10
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tkt12345)
Thought I'd make this thread as havent seen one made yet. Where's everyone thinking of applying and have you managed to get experience?
Hey, I'm thinking of applying to Liverpool, Northumbria, Sunderland and Cumbria for OT in 2021. I've worked as a HCA in my hospital for 5 years alongside OT teams on stroke and care of the elderly wards so hoping that'll be considered good experience plus I've done a bit of shadowing with them on my days off. It's really tough deciding where to go to study due to living costs, course quality, travel etc. I'm also wondering if the NHS bursary has been confirmed for new starters on allied health courses in 2021 as I can't seem to find anything which is worrying. Where is everyone else looking at?
Karenlilwall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@karenelaine74 I'd be grateful if you could add me Got an interview for Sunderland Uni next week, very nervous already!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed