The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by calistadream
Hi! When did you recieve LSBU (BSc) intrerview? Thanks

Sorry for the delay! I got an email from LSBU on 25th November. Are you still waiting to hear back?
Congrats! I had an interview invitation MSc for Essex as well :smile:, which day is your interview?

Have either of you heard back with your result yet? I had my interview last week and been frantically refreshing my inbox (they said it would take about a week)... hate the waiting!

Spoiler

hey i have an interview for cardiff! anyone else hear anything from them?
Original post by thekrustykrab

Yeah same :smile:! congrats!
Well done Krab! :smile:
Original post by BethPants
Well done Krab! :smile:

thank you beth :smile:
Original post by Josiehb7
Yeah same :smile:! congrats!

Yay well done and thank you :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Josiehb7
Hey, I’m thinking of doing occupational therapy at either Southampton or Oxford Brookes in sep 2021 and would love to get to know some people who are in a similar position 😊

I applied to Southampton and Brookes (a few others too) for sep 2021 too! Not sure what my favorites are just yet...
Sorry for the delay! I got an email from LSBU on 25th November. Are you still waiting to hear backNo worries. Ye I am still wiating.

Yes, I am still waiting. I did not get a rejection yet, so I am not confused......
Original post by cc0529
I applied to Southampton and Brookes (a few others too) for sep 2021 too! Not sure what my favorites are just yet...

Hi, I also applied these two. Have you received any interview invitation for Southampton?
Had an interview for Derby on Monday and received an offer yesterday. 😁 Have an interview for Sheffield hallam next week.
Reply 52
Hi, I also applied these two. Have you received any interview invitation for Southampton?

not yet... I have one at brookes though. Have you heard?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 53

I’ve had an interview and got an offer from Southampton - Southampton take a while to contact you
Reply 54
Original post by purplesunlight
Yes, I totally agree that the variety of settings is a big draw for me. Like you, I was also thinking of perhaps mental health nursing but I started to look more into OT and decided that it was the path I wanted to go down. Wishing you lots of luck with your application. It's a strange mix of excitement and nervousness deciding to move into a new career.

Original post by purplesunlight
I'm about to do the MSc in OT so I can't advise you on whether you can defer a year but as you say, I would imagine that it is far from ideal to do placements while heavily pregnant. I think I would ask myself who appropriate it is to secure a place knowing that you will be getting pregnant halfway through this course. As a 43-year-old Mum, I would say that you have plenty of time to be a 'young' mum. Even if you left it another six years you would still be a young Mum; the average age to have children is 31 in the UK. I know I matured a lot during my twenties and my outlook wasn't the same at 22 as it was at 30. If you have just finished a BA in History then you won't have any significant work experience under your belt yet. Maybe it would be a good idea to defer getting pregnant until you have completed the course and got a couple of years of experience under your belt. You'd still only be 26 years old and thus a young Mum.

My children are 13 and 9 and even when they first started school, it was very difficult to hold down a full-time job. Sometimes they would be sick and need me to stay home(use a day's annual leave), there are long summer holidays to cover, etc. I ended up working 25 hours a week so that I didn't need too much after school/holiday care. Fortunately, I spent my twenties getting work experience that made it possible to work these hours and still earn a decent salary. Once you have children, your choices and options reduce significantly. I've been stuck doing a job that I don't particularly like because a)It is flexible around my children so I've had to put up with it b) until now I've not been in a position where I could stop working and retrain.

If I was in your position, or a parent advising my daughter I would say do the masters, get at least two years experience, and then consider motherhood. You would probably have far more opportunities to pick up your career, perhaps only working part-time if you've already got that experience under your belt. You don't get a second chance of those child-free years to set the foundations of a career.
Best of luck to you. I hope all your plans work out x

Hi, what was your interview for the course like? What sort of questions did they ask?
I
Have either of you heard back with your result yet? I had my interview last week and been frantically refreshing my inbox (they said it would take about a week)... hate the waiting!

Spoiler

I finally heard back on Thursday just gone! So 8 days after my interview. I got accepted 🎉 I hope you hear soon
Original post by cc0529
not yet... I have one at brookes though. Have you heard?

I have an interview at Brookes on16th Dec. When's your interview?
Original post by ach878
I’ve had an interview and got an offer from Southampton - Southampton take a while to contact you

Congrat!!! Cuz I have submitted my UCAS application in early October and still waiting.....
Oh me too! Awesome, well done! I have other offers as well plus other interviews, but I might be joining you there 😁.
Reply 59
Congrat!!! Cuz I have submitted my UCAS application in early October and still waiting.....

Thank you! Yeah I applied at the same time - hopefully you will hear soon!!

Latest

Trending

Trending