The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Further Maths Grade in present times-Is it a necessary for the conditional offer

I have a conditional offer where A* is required in Maths or Further Maths. If I am able to achieve an A* in Maths, would getting any grade in Further Maths be a necessity for the offer to be met for UCL. I am a private candidate who is appearing in mock exams in the school in 2 weeks time. School is refusing to give me grade if I don't appear in further maths mock. Previously when I had spoken to admissions officer at UCL, the response was getting grade B or lower would be ok in further Maths.
Original post by qwerty9856
I have a conditional offer where A* is required in Maths or Further Maths. If I am able to achieve an A* in Maths, would getting any grade in Further Maths be a necessity for the offer to be met for UCL. I am a private candidate who is appearing in mock exams in the school in 2 weeks time. School is refusing to give me grade if I don't appear in further maths mock. Previously when I had spoken to admissions officer at UCL, the response was getting grade B or lower would be ok in further Maths.

Is the only requirement for the conditional offer and A* in maths or further maths? If that is the case then if you got an A* in maths then the further maths grade wouldn't matter; however, it may be better to do both as you have a higher chance of achieving the offer (since you have both maths and fm) - there is no guarantee that you'll get an a* in maths, is there?

If there is another requirement such that the offer is more like A*AA with an A* in maths/ further maths and you are doing three subjects then you will need to do the mock as you need three subjects to get in.

Of course, you could email/call the uni to confirm all this.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
hi, I'm in the same situation where I have been given 2 weeks to prepare for a maths and physics mock despite providing folders of evidence to the school.I'm frustrated as I haven't studied for a month and a half and haven't covered all the knowledge I need. What if the mock is based on topics i hadn't studied before then I'm doomed
Reply 3
That is exactly what is happening. My school has agreed to hold mock exam in Further maths- core component only leaving out the other components. I also happened to be the only candidate in the centre who would have been sitting the FM mock.Needed to focus on Maths. School has expressed inability to predict any grade if I don't sit in the mock. Have written to Uni about this but I am sure there would have been some precedents like this before.
Reply 4
Original post by qwerty9856

B is not too bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending