The Student Room Group

Is she into me?

I was seeing someone exclusivley. About 2-3 months in, I ask for a commited relationship, which they decline by telling me they are not that into me. We continue to see eachother exclusivley for another 2 months and again the conversation regarding a relationship is discussed. After an emotionally intense back and forth discussion, they again conclude not to attempt a relationship, and again due to 'not being that into me'.

Is this person really not into me? Should I walk away?
I think you should walk away, if they keep denying commitment, they sound like they are playing you
If she's said she's not that into you I'm going to assume she's not into you...?

Find someone who can commit to you. :smile:
Reply 3
I think if you're unhappy with the relationship and you don't believe it could really lead something, maybe walk away.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should walk away, if they keep denying commitment, they sound like they are playing you

Yeah I've been told that. The trouble I'm having is that they message every few weeks in a flakey/breadcrumming kinda way... I haven't responded to the last message

People are telling me that they are just bored, looking for attention/validation
Reply 5
Original post by ohnojay
I think if you're unhappy with the relationship and you don't believe it could really lead something, maybe walk away.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit ****ty ngl

It's been a few weeks but every now and again they'll text me. The way they go about it is flakey/breadcrumbing. All my mates are telling me to cut it off because she has made it clear
Reply 6
Tricky bit is mate, that they've also decided to end the 'exclusive' part too, as in, they have decided that they do not want anything sexual anymore
Reply 7
Yeah I'm feeling a bit ****ty ngl

It's been a few weeks but every now and again they'll text me. The way they go about it is flakey/breadcrumbing. All my mates are telling me to cut it off because she has made it clear

Does it feel like they're leading you on and are you happy with how you're being treated? A relationship isn't meant to be so draining. Maybe try have a serious chat with her, if she can't fully explain the situation to you then there's your asnwer.
Reply 8
Yeah but they'll occassionally contact me too, asking me how I am ect. But when they do, they're flakey (like not responding for a few days) or they just want to complain about something that isn't going right in their life

.... it's strange now that I'm writing this out, I guess it's more clear that they're not into me and I'm holding onto the possibility that they are
Yeah but they'll occassionally contact me too, asking me how I am ect. But when they do, they're flakey (like not responding for a few days) or they just want to complain about something that isn't going right in their life

.... it's strange now that I'm writing this out, I guess it's more clear that they're not into me and I'm holding onto the possibility that they are

If she's not romantically or sexually into you then they might just see you as a friend? And that's why they ask how you are?
Original post by ohnojay
Does it feel like they're leading you on and are you happy with how you're being treated? A relationship isn't meant to be so draining. Maybe try have a serious chat with her, if she can't fully explain the situation to you then there's your asnwer.

Well, we're not exclusive anymore, they terminated that. But now when they reach out every few weeks it just feels **** and the effort they put in is half-assed (like not replying after a few days) which is really draining. They messaged again recently asking how I've been but I haven't responded, I think by being in contact it only makes things worse
She's not into you

Walk away
If she's not romantically or sexually into you then they might just see you as a friend? And that's why they ask how you are?

Yeah I'm starting to think so too but I don't think I want to be just a 'friend' and I don't think it's a good idea to be friends with people you were seeing for a significant period of time
Original post by Miss Maddie
She's not into you

Walk away

Thank you miss Maddie, yeah I think that's the case. They hit me up thought, think I need to stop entertaining it
Find someone else. Don't put your energy into someone who won't reciprocate mate

You might be right, it's been a few weeks since it happended

She'll hit me up every few weeks with flakey messages though. Everyone is telling me to cut it off and stop entertaining it.
Original post by TheCoolBro
Find someone else. Don't put your energy into someone who won't reciprocate mate

You're right but as soon as that text comes through, I wanna text back
You're right but as soon as that text comes through, I wanna text back

I know bro but she's using you as a playtoy and you're more than that. Man up and stand your ground. Tell her to take it or leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending