angelsneedwings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey! I'm currently considering a Drama masters course (1 years max) after uni. I can't afford another BA (as student loans only fund one undergraduate degree). I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of drama school after uni and had any advice for applying for a masters with no previous formal training. Also, whether formal training is actually even worth it/ juggling part time job against training etc

I have acted my whole life, performed at fringe/other venues etc. but don't know if that will be enough to make up for the fact I didn't go to drama school for my undergraduate degree.
Last edited by angelsneedwings; 6 months ago
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by angelsneedwings)
Hey! I'm currently considering a Drama masters course (1 years max) after uni. I can't afford another BA (as student loans only fund one undergraduate degree). I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of drama school after uni and had any advice for applying for a masters with no previous formal training. Also, whether formal training is actually even worth it/ juggling part time job against training etc

I have acted my whole life, performed at fringe/other venues etc. but don't know if that will be enough to make up for the fact I didn't go to drama school for my undergraduate degree.
Hi angelsneedwings :hello:

Many students who have studied at university go on to study MA Acting at drama school. With my knowledge of drama schools, they tend to be very interested in acting ability, passion and experience. Therefore, I would really focus on finding the right audition pieces for you, to allow your ability to shine. it is also worth highlighting how your experience relates to the course (in your application). For example, you can highlight how your degree, or any extra curricular activities make you an ideal candidate.

You might also be interested in the advice and guidance on the Get Into Theatre website - which tells you lots about courses available.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, just ask!

Best of luck!

Melissa
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by angelsneedwings)

This type of course should be suitable:
https://ww2.lamda.ac.uk/all-courses/...ssional-acting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads