The Student Room Group

I NEED URGENT HeLP!!

Right, I’m currently in year 10 and I’m struggling to keep up with the work I’m being in set at school. I have over 120 overdue tasks - any ideas on how to catch up on them? Do you guys have any study/revision tips as I’m doing my GCSEs next year and I’m aiming for A* in: triple sciences, Spanish, maths, English lit/Lang, religious studies, geography and business studies.
Thank you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mebohon123
Right, I’m currently in year 10 and I’m struggling to keep up with the work I’m being in set at school. I have over 120 overdue tasks - any ideas on how to catch up on them? Do you guys have any study/revision tips as I’m doing my GCSEs next year and I’m aiming for A* in: triple sciences, Spanish, maths, English lit/Lang, religious studies, geography and business studies.
Thank you.

I did my Lit GCSE Exam in Year 10 if you need help with that as I got a 9, and 153/160 marks
Do you have a plan showing all the tasks and due dates? Do you attack them in due date order. 120 seems a lot - are you actually devoting a decent amount of each 'school day' to your assigned work? Is there any technical reason why you aren't keeping up - or is it a planning/understanding/time constraint issue? Understanding why you are slipping behind would help you get better advice.
Reply 3
Thank you.

for yr 11 you cant skip a day. Try not to. it's difficult to catch up keep on top of things. revise for end of units and mocks.
seneca learnings good
maths genie
corbetmaths
my school had hegarty
For maths I would buy the if your doing edexcel Pearson work book complete everything each page is a different section of math e.g Surds , simultaneous equations you can buy it alongside the revision guide if you want as the pages match up.I find paper and writing on it more useful . do lots of practice papers LOTS as for science especially getting how to answer the questions is the pest thing theres always a key structure. I used to also watch free science lessons. sometimes before the lesson we were learning or after to let it sink in.
I’m doing AQA
Original post by ReadingMum
Do you have a plan showing all the tasks and due dates? Do you attack them in due date order. 120 seems a lot - are you actually devoting a decent amount of each 'school day' to your assigned work? Is there any technical reason why you aren't keeping up - or is it a planning/understanding/time constraint issue? Understanding why you are slipping behind would help you get better advice.

I’ve just been procrastinating to be honest. I really need to stop.
Original post by Purplemonkeys
I did my Lit GCSE Exam in Year 10 if you need help with that as I got a 9, and 153/160 marks

Can you please let me know how you revised?
AQA: Spanish, maths, triple science, English. Eduqas B: RS, Geograophy. Edexcel: business
Can you please let me know how you revised?

I'm not going to lie to you. I didn't really revise a lot. However, I found looking at flashcards with quotes on them helpful and, most importantly, practicing essay questions under times conditions if you can. Mr Bruff on YouTube helped me a little, too. Don't forget to revise plot and characters as well using mind maps. Other than that, just read. Revision will only take you so far. Natural ability counts for something too, but no doubt you're bright so you be fine. Chill. You have a year yet. You'll figure it out, I promise. I did. I came out of the first Lit exam thinking I'd messed it up and got a 6 when in actual fact I came out with a 9 on both papers. Don't doubt yourself. You've got this. And that goes for all your subjects.

If you've got any more questions, quote this or PM me. I don't mind either way to be honest. And good luck. Believe in yourself. You'll smash it out the park.

L x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Purplemonkeys
I'm not going to lie to you. I didn't really revise a lot. However, I found looking at flashcards with quotes on them helpful and, most importantly, practicing essay questions under times conditions if you can. Mr Bruff on YouTube helped me a little, too. Don't forget to revise plot and characters as well using mind maps. Other than that, just read. Revision will only take you so far. Natural ability counts for something too, but no doubt you're bright so you be fine. Chill. You have a year yet. You'll figure it out, I promise. I did. I came out of the first Lit exam thinking I'd messed it up and got a 6 when in actual fact I came out with a 9 on both papers. Don't doubt yourself. You've got this. And that goes for all your subjects.

If you've got any more questions, quote this or PM me. I don't mind either way to be honest. And good luck. Believe in yourself. You'll smash it out the park.

L x

Thank you very very much, this really helped.
Thank you very very much, this really helped.

No problem. Also, if you need advice for English language, religious studies or Spanish as well I was supposed to be doing GCSES in them and can help (please don't ask me for maths help as I'm awful at and I only did combined science).
Don't worry about it. Just get your assignments in. Use your class work time to do them. Pretend your doing the classwork but ask questions that will help your assignments. As for exams, ask for the last two yeats papers a few weeks before and learn them. The questions will be almost the same.

Quick Reply

Latest