jk479
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm a third year and still confused about how this Safety Net will apply, will individual modules be taken into consideration when applying it, eg if some modules I do better than the safety net value and some lower, the lower ones are bumped up?
Or will just the ending classification be compared against the safety net?
Thanks !!
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jk479)
I'm a third year and still confused about how this Safety Net will apply, will individual modules be taken into consideration when applying it, eg if some modules I do better than the safety net value and some lower, the lower ones are bumped up?
Or will just the ending classification be compared against the safety net?
Thanks !!
From what I understand, your average for the year or module up until the university closed will be taken as a baseline. If you perform worse than this baseline after the closing of the university then the lowest grade you will get is the baseline grade average that was calculated for you, if however you achieve higher than your baseline you receive the higher mark. So if your baseline is 64% and you get 53% in a coursework, you will be awarded your baseline of 64%, if however you get 73% in the coursework that you will be awarded 73%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (188)
58.2%
I don't have everything I need (135)
41.8%

Watched Threads