HELLLLPP!!!! history degree???!!

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
CrazyOne1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is a history degree useful?
If I am studying history what a levels should I take out of:
. Economics
.Business
. Geography
. Sociology
. Religious Studies, Philosophy & Ethics (this is one A level even though it sounds like 3!)

If I were to study Geography instead what A levels would be useful?
Is a Geography degree more useful than a history degree?
Need to decide which one to do
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CrazyOne1)
Is a history degree useful?
If I am studying history what a levels should I take out of:
. Economics
.Business
. Geography
. Sociology
. Religious Studies, Philosophy & Ethics (this is one A level even though it sounds like 3!)

If I were to study Geography instead what A levels would be useful?
Is a Geography degree more useful than a history degree?
Need to decide which one to do
Why not history A-level?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
do you not have a stronger preference for geography or history- the subject you enjoy more is probably the one you should study at degree level. you probably gain a wider range of skills from doing a geography degree, but lots of graduate schemes nowadays don't ask for a specific degree subject. you should pick a levels you enjoy and that are relevant to what you wanna pursue after sixth form.
CrazyOne1
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
Why not history A-level?
I will definely study History A Level.
What other 2 options out of the list do you think I should do?
CrazyOne1
Rep:
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
do you not have a stronger preference for geography or history- the subject you enjoy more is probably the one you should study at degree level. you probably gain a wider range of skills from doing a geography degree, but lots of graduate schemes nowadays don't ask for a specific degree subject. you should pick a levels you enjoy and that are relevant to what you wanna pursue after sixth form.
I prefer history tbh
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I will definely study History A Level.
What other 2 options out of the list do you think I should do?
I don't think it really matters, perhaps geography (almost as insurance in case you change your mind & choose to pursue a geography degree) then whatever you most prefer, it doesn't make any real difference.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I prefer history tbh
do some research on history degrees then and their requirements if it's a subject you are genuinely considering studying at uni, go for it.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You defo need History a level. I dont think there any other required subject so I suggest taking the A levels you enjoy (research the entry requirements of the unis you want to go this) and the other subjects dont really help with history but maybe economics but not that much. For geography, geography a level is essential.
Cant.be.asked
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
History geography economics is a good combo probably
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cant.be.asked)
History geography economics is a good combo probably
This thread is ..... 10 months old.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (3)
27.27%
Take a gap year (2)
18.18%
Resit my exams (3)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (1)
9.09%
I don't know yet (1)
9.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads