URGENT HELP- Summer holiday from 2015 is considered gap in my residence??

Watch
PtrBb16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I already got the fully 'settled status' from the EU Settlement scheme, which supposedly supersedes the 'permanent residence'. I have already proved to the government that I have lived here continualously for nealry six years (six years on 14th of September 2020).

Today I received this email from SFE telling me that I have a gap between 01/09/2015 to 25/09/2015.
During the summer of 2015 I traveled abroad a lot so it didnt make sense to keep paying full London rent price instead of just paying for the storage of my belongings at a family friends house. I was also transitioning from one accomodation from another in this period. I ended my first accomodation on 8th of June 2015 and started my new accomodation on 25th of September 2015. I was travelling abroad in between these dates for my holiday, while returning between breaks to the family friend's house.

What do I do? What evidence do I show for the period between
01/09/2015 and 25/09/2015 that SFE is fixating on?!

They are saying this might not make me eligible for the tuition loan!!
Help please!
Last edited by PtrBb16; 1 year ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PtrBb16)
Hello,

I already got the fully 'settled status' from the EU Settlement scheme, which supposedly supersedes the 'permanent residence'. I have already proved to the government that I have lived here continualously for nealry six years (six years on 14th of September 2020).

Today I received this email from SFE telling me that I have a gap between 01/09/2015 to 25/09/2015.
During the summer of 2015 I traveled abroad a lot so it didnt make sense to keep paying full London rent price instead of just paying for the storage of my belongings at a family friends house. I was also transitioning from one accomodation from another in this period. I ended my first accomodation on 8th of June 2015 and started my new accomodation on 25th of September 2015. I was travelling abroad in between these dates for my holiday, while returning between breaks to the family friend's house.

What do I do? What evidence do I show for the period between
01/09/2015 and 25/09/2015 that SFE is fixating on?!

They are saying this might not make me eligible for the tuition loan!!
Help please!
Hi there,
EU Nationals can't apply for SFE funding based on having settled status. This criteria is only for Rest of the World Nationals. You must show you were residing in the UK from the 01/09/2015. If you were not residing in the UK on the 01/09/2015 you will be ineligible to apply as a home student.
Thanks, Isaac.
PtrBb16
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there,
EU Nationals can't apply for SFE funding based on having settled status. This criteria is only for Rest of the World Nationals. You must show you were residing in the UK from the 01/09/2015. If you were not residing in the UK on the 01/09/2015 you will be ineligible to apply as a home student.
Thanks, Isaac.
Dear Issac,
Thank you for the reply.
But the EU Settlement Scheme is oriented towards EU people not Rest of the World Nationals? It is an official statement from the government declaring my rights as a fully settled resident of the UK. And I have been living in London since 14 Sep 2014! How is taking a summer holiday count as a gap?? Am I not allowed to have holidays abroad?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dear Issac,
Thank you for the reply.
But the EU Settlement Scheme is oriented towards EU people not Rest of the World Nationals? It is an official statement from the government declaring my rights as a fully settled resident of the UK. And I have been living in London since 14 Sep 2014! How is taking a summer holiday count as a gap?? Am I not allowed to have holidays abroad?
Rest of the world nationals can apply by having settled status and 3 years residency/valid status. They can send in their biometric residency card to show indefinite leave to remain as proof of settled status.

EU Nationals can not apply based on settled status. EU Nationals can apply for SFE funding by having 5 years UK residency or by being a Migrant Worker.
If you left the UK in June 2015 and re entered after 01/09/2015, that is a gap in your residency. We do require you to be resident in the UK on the 01/09/2015. If you want to appeal this then you can send in evidence to show you arrived in the UK in 2014 and only left the UK temporarily, and send in proof that you planned to return - our residency team will review this but as you were not residing in the UK on the 01/09/2015 then you may be rejected. If you are rejected and you disagree with our decision then you do have the right to appeal https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/nysf/sfe..._leaflet_d.pdf
Thanks, Isaac
PtrBb16
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Rest of the world nationals can apply by having settled status and 3 years residency/valid status. They can send in their biometric residency card to show indefinite leave to remain as proof of settled status.

EU Nationals can not apply based on settled status. EU Nationals can apply for SFE funding by having 5 years UK residency or by being a Migrant Worker.
If you left the UK in June 2015 and re entered after 01/09/2015, that is a gap in your residency. We do require you to be resident in the UK on the 01/09/2015. If you want to appeal this then you can send in evidence to show you arrived in the UK in 2014 and only left the UK temporarily, and send in proof that you planned to return - our residency team will review this but as you were not residing in the UK on the 01/09/2015 then you may be rejected. If you are rejected and you disagree with our decision then you do have the right to appeal https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/nysf/sfe..._leaflet_d.pdf
Thanks, Isaac
In order for one to leave the UK, one must first be in the UK no? It is not a gap, it is a holiday, that is not up to debate! It is common sense.
Also, I have sent in my diploma and transcript as evidence of my status as a fully enrolled student of the UK since September 2014 to June 2018. I don't see why this is disputed?
Last edited by PtrBb16; 1 year ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In order for one to leave the UK, one must first be in the UK no? It is not a gap, it is a holiday, that is not up to debate! It is common sense.
Also, I have sent in my diploma and transcript as evidence of my status as a fully enrolled student of the UK since September 2014 to June 2018. I don't see why this is disputed?
That's fine, send in the evidence and our assessors will give you a decision. I'm just advising you the regulation is to be residing in the UK since the 01/09/2015.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise