i used to be year 13, AMA

Watch this thread
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I finished school about a month ago and have 'graduated' if you will. AMA about what it was like finishing school so early / not doing alevels and anything else!

I plan to attend uni.
skittish
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the same position; did your school make you sit online exams? Do you still have any online classes/recommended reading? Did you get any kind of graduation ceremony/goodbye party?

edit- ik you've finished school so I'm guessing you don't have classes anymore but did you have them after lockdown or did it just suddenly end?
Last edited by skittish; 2 years ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I also used to be in Year 13. :five:

Spoiler:
Show
It's just it was more than 10 years ago
limitlesspuffy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yzanne)
I finished school about a month ago and have 'graduated' if you will. AMA about what it was like finishing school so early / not doing alevels and anything else!

I plan to attend uni.
What course are you planning to do and what uni are you planning to attend?
parmezanne
Rep:
(Original post by skittish)
I'm in the same position; did your school make you sit online exams? Do you still have any online classes/recommended reading? Did you get any kind of graduation ceremony/goodbye party?

edit- ik you've finished school so I'm guessing you don't have classes anymore but did you have them after lockdown or did it just suddenly end?
no, we don't have any online exams. for the first few weeks they kept sending us work (until easter) just in case we needed evidence for our predicted grades - which turned out to be the case! :yep:

we haven't been given anything to do now, which makes us a bit lost really been forced to pick up lots of hobbies!

we haven't had a graduation but we will hopefully in winter - in sixth form we used to have a winter and summer ball, and they promised to sort something out for us. we also will still have a results day - not that that's too important in year 13 as all you do in the morning is check ucas anyways.
parmezanne
Rep:
(Original post by limitlesspuffy)
What course are you planning to do and what uni are you planning to attend?
History and Sociology at Warwick University. Unfortunately it's such an uncommon course that there are few options for me if I go into clearing!

Don't mean to sound overconfident, but I have a feeling I won't be going into clearing. Of course I don't know that for sure, but the best I can do right now is be confident seeing as we're so in the dark about our grades! :yep:
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

I plan to attend uni.
What's your bank account number and sort code?

*From now on this is my standard reply to every single AMA.

Ok, ok, hold your horses
parmezanne
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
What's your bank account number and sort code?
FINALLY someone asked me! I've been holding in the guilt of my billion pound bank balance for years now
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
FINALLY someone asked me! I've been holding in the guilt of my billion pound bank balance for years now
Well what's the answer?
parmezanne
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Well what's the answer?
Error 404

This entry does not exist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
42.15%
The paper was reasonable (224)
42.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.75%

Watched Threads