DramaStudent-1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm failing science, maths, English and German. So anyone who wants to give me some revision tips or just any other help that would be great.
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
start with the basics
for science use a combo of youtube videos, cgp books and seneca
maths - practice questions a lot until you understand them!
english lit - focus on the main themes and characters of the books ur studying, and practice essay writing
english lang - look at what the mark scheme wants and practice timing
german - textbook activities do really help although theyre a bit tedious (maybe practice on duolingo too?)

good luck! and once u feel more confident, practice exam questions are key to getting good grades
Tela
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by DramaStudent-1)
I'm failing science, maths, English and German. So anyone who wants to give me some revision tips or just any other help that would be great.
what are your exam boards?
cerys03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
German: use quizlet to practise key vocab/phrases at least once a day
maths: mathsgenie is a useful website with practice questions
in general: put key info on post it notes around ur room and read at least once a day, make short summarised notes for each topic (only a page or two), mind maps
CrazyOne1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm failing science, maths,
ENGLISH
I fail Maths & Science myself, so I can only help with English. I’m a grade 7 student, so it must work!
.Read the text you have been given.
. Use at least 3 quotes in a paragraph & explain them in a little bit of detail
. Name drop language techniques E.g: metaphor, personification. Learn what these techniques are so you can spot them in text & include them in your paragraph.
. Question yourself:
How does this make me feel? - tricky one.
include how it makes you feel in the paragraph. & what has the author done to make you fell that way.
Example paragraph: The raw imagery of the birds wings being torn from the birds body make me feel powerless. This is because wings are symbolic of freedom & liberty. The description of “blood pouring from the air” intensifies this action by making it seem raw & painful.
. Include high grade words:
Instead of saying sad say melanholy
Instead of saying “he misses his old house” say “he feels nostalgic thinking of his old house”
. Grammer. At least know when & where to use commas (,) & full-stops.
. Include a tiny bit of context. Context is what was happening when the book was written. E.g: If a book was written after the war. It could show the destruction. Write something like this:
The wings being ripped off the bird is also shows the pain people would endure when being killed on the battlefield. The war lasted from (start date) to (finish date). Many fighter themselves would experience similar pain, for example, the use of mustard gas which would burn the soldiers eyes.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What are the specific reasons you think you are failing those subjects? What part of german are you struggling with (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking?)
DramaStudent-1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tela)
what are your exam boards?
mainly AQA but some of them I don't know.
DramaStudent-1
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What are the specific reasons you think you are failing those subjects? What part of german are you struggling with (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking?)
I don't know why I'm failing I was doing really well until year 10 and from there it went downhill. With German its understanding questions.
apolaroidofus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Practice papers, practice papers, practice papers!!!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I don't know why I'm failing I was doing really well until year 10 and from there it went downhill. With German its understanding questions.
Maybe ask your teachers what you could work on. Tbh all of them I would suggest practising. For english once you do a past paper, ask your teacher for feedback so you can improve and work on your exam techniques. For English lit, you can do the same but the more content you know, the more better it is to think of an answer and I suggest essay plans as they really help. For maths, once you do questions or papers, try to understand what you did wrong for that question and use tsr or your teachers if you dont know what you did wrong. For science, the mark scheme repeats so it's good practising on them but knowing your content confidentially helps. For German, work on vocab so look at the vocab list and try to learn those words frequently for reading the questions; for listening to the questions, maybe asl your teacher if she could do some voice recordings of the questions and if not, get used it by listening by watching something with subtitles maybe?
JessD3333
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
there is this resource called 'my GCSE science' which I personally found really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (44)
40.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
19.44%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.56%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
8.33%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.33%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
10.19%

Watched Threads