Which form should I fill applying for student finance

Watch
san.shape
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello,

I have filled the EU20N form to apply for tuition fees, however, I also wanted to apply for a maintenance loan.

1.Does that mean I should also fill the PN1 form separately to apply for the maintenance loan? Otherwise, which form should I fill to apply for the maintenance loan?

2. Are there two separate forms to fill when applying for tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by san.shape)
Hello,

I have filled the EU20N form to apply for tuition fees, however, I also wanted to apply for a maintenance loan.

1.Does that mean I should also fill the PN1 form separately to apply for the maintenance loan? Otherwise, which form should I fill to apply for the maintenance loan?

2. Are there two separate forms to fill when applying for tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

Thank you!
Hi there. to apply for the Maintenance Loan you must have 5 years residency in the UK or be a Migrant Worker.

You can't receive both the EU loan and the SFE funding. If you apply for the Maintenance Loan then your EU application will be deleted as SFE will pay the tuition fee and maintenance loan.
Thanks, Isaac
san.shape
Rep:
?
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your answer.

I am a migrant worker and I wanted to apply for a maintenance loan as well as tuition fee loan.
I have sent my documents and EU20N form earlier today.

Does that mean that if I want to apply for the maintenance loan, I would have to send the PN1 form and my EU20N will be deleted?

Is that not a problem that I have already sent the EU20N form and will send another one - PN1? Is that what I should do if I want to get tuition fee and maintenance loan?

I’ll appreciate your answer.

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your answer.

I am a migrant worker and I wanted to apply for a maintenance loan as well as tuition fee loan.
I have sent my documents and EU20N form earlier today.

Does that mean that if I want to apply for the maintenance loan, I would have to send the PN1 form and my EU20N will be deleted?

Is that not a problem that I have already sent the EU20N form and will send another one - PN1? Is that what I should do if I want to get tuition fee and maintenance loan?

I’ll appreciate your answer.

Thank you
It's actually very wise and the best thing to send in the EU20N form first because even though it does get deleted if you apply as a Migrant Worker, it's not a waste of time because if for some reason the Migrant Worker application was not approved in time for when you started university or if for some reason you were rejected then you have the EU20N form as a backup which secures you for the fees. The EU application will only be deleted if your Migrant Worker application is approved.

Yes you will need to send the paper PN1 form to apply as a Migrant Worker. You can apply for the tuition fee and maintenance loan on this form.

If you did it the other way for example if you never sent the EU form, if you only sent the PN1 form to apply as a Migrant Worker and then the Migrant Worker application ended up taking months to get finally approved then the fees could be late, which is why you did the best thing by applying for the EU loan and securing that first

Thanks, Isaac
san.shape
Rep:
?
Hey Isaac,

Thank you so much for your answer, it is very useful! I really appreciate it.

Just one more question regarding the maintenance loan - if I'm going to send the PN1 form to apply for both loans, as a Migrant worker, classified as an independent student who is self employed - what evidence would I have to send with the form?

Would I have to send any proof of my income if I would only like to apply for the lowest possible amount of the maintenance loan?

I would appreciate your answer. Thank you!!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey Isaac,

Thank you so much for your answer, it is very useful! I really appreciate it.

Just one more question regarding the maintenance loan - if I'm going to send the PN1 form to apply for both loans, as a Migrant worker, classified as an independent student who is self employed - what evidence would I have to send with the form?

Would I have to send any proof of my income if I would only like to apply for the lowest possible amount of the maintenance loan?

I would appreciate your answer. Thank you!!
Good morning, if you want to apply for the basic support then you don't need to send in any independent evidence. You can view the Migrant Worker criteria and evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (798)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads