Izzeyman88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am in year 10 and am trying to write a speech for student leadership (head girl) but I am currently stuck for ides, does anybody have any advice/ tips for what I can include? I am meant to make a PowerPoint and the rest of the school vote on it due to the current situation.
Buttmuffin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Be brave, make it flashy and memorable... cuz it's a virtual powerpoint, people need to remember it

Point out an annoying teacher and how as Head Girl, you'll fix them.

Say how you've influenced the school in your time there, and what improvements you'll make.

Say how you'll represent the student body fairly, and increase student satisfaction by raising all issues to teachers.

How you've represented the school, guided guests around the buildings, attended any Olympiads, etc. If you have decent grades, put them on and call yourself a genius, and the best person to be Head Girl.
musicalrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi maybe you could include fun activities that you could introduce- our head girl team run loads of games and events that bring loads of students from different parts of the school together. You could also try to promote other things like mental health awareness- especially in stressful years like year 11 and during exam periods of other years or maybe start some clubs that interest you and others around you. It's always good as well to try to list good things about yourself that you think head girls need- like being empathetic and a good listener ect. Hope that helps a bit?
musicalrose
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Buttmuffin)
Be brave, make it flashy and memorable... cuz it's a virtual powerpoint, people need to remember it

Point out an annoying teacher and how as Head Girl, you'll fix them.

Say how you've influenced the school in your time there, and what improvements you'll make.

Say how you'll represent the student body fairly, and increase student satisfaction by raising all issues to teachers.

How you've represented the school, guided guests around the buildings, attended any Olympiads, etc. If you have decent grades, put them on and call yourself a genius, and the best person to be Head Girl.
I wouldn't do the second one if other teachers will see the powerpoint as well lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads