Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello there, I'm not sure how long this will be. If anyone does end up reading this then thanks I guess...

I feel so forgotten, left out and ignored all the time, and it hurts, and lowers my self esteem which is already low enough. With my family, while of course they do notice me, sometimes I just feel like I am being treated like an alien and like no one really cares, making me feel like an outsider in my own family.

With friends, well to be honest I don't have any, and this lockdown period has made me realise that especially. Not a single text or call from anyone, I am always the one who tries to start convo's, but cause they seem so one sided I have given up. Even before lockdown, none of them really seemed to care. Lol I feel stupid for complaining about this as well but in school, when a teacher or anyone keeps forgetting your name and forgetting about you in general then it does actually hurt, especially if they seem to care about everyone else.

But the thing is, I do understand why I am forgotten about. Who would remember me anyway? I'm not someone interesting, I'm not extroverted and loud, I am the complete opposite, but still, that is just how I am isn't it?

Now I know I shouldn't care what people think about me, (that is easier said than done) but it is not really about that. It is about feeling alone, forgotten and like an outsider. The thing that makes me feel stupid is that I remember everything. I remember the conversations I have with people, their birthdays, etc but rarely anyone remembers anything with me. It just hurt's.

I've tried to explain this the best way I could, cause there are a lot of thoughts going on right now in my head lol. Hopefully it's clear enough, and if anyone was bothered to read it thanks I guess.
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Awe boo you are never forgotten :heart:
I am here if you want to talk
SweetSexySavage
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try and initiate a convo ur self. Sitting idly wont change anything
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
It all depends on your intention. Do you remember other peoples birthdays because you want the to remember yours, or are you doing it because you want to make them happy. Whatver the issue is, if you focus on making other happy and stop focusing on what you don't have and enjoy life as it is at the moment, you'll come to a point where you're happy in you're own life and don't need other people's approval of you. If you have good intentions behind everything you do, not saying you don't but this was a mistake I personally made, you wont care if they forgot about you sometimes, because you'll feel happy that at least you mad someone else's day.

Also, tip: don't become a door mat for others. Stad up for yourself if you feel left out. Say that you feel left out if you notice a lot. It will work out trust yourself. You got this. You don't need others approval in your life.
username5262632
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello there, I'm not sure how long this will be. If anyone does end up reading this then thanks I guess...

I feel so forgotten, left out and ignored all the time, and it hurts, and lowers my self esteem which is already low enough. With my family, while of course they do notice me, sometimes I just feel like I am being treated like an alien and like no one really cares, making me feel like an outsider in my own family.

With friends, well to be honest I don't have any, and this lockdown period has made me realise that especially. Not a single text or call from anyone, I am always the one who tries to start convo's, but cause they seem so one sided I have given up. Even before lockdown, none of them really seemed to care. Lol I feel stupid for complaining about this as well but in school, when a teacher or anyone keeps forgetting your name and forgetting about you in general then it does actually hurt, especially if they seem to care about everyone else.

But the thing is, I do understand why I am forgotten about. Who would remember me anyway? I'm not someone interesting, I'm not extroverted and loud, I am the complete opposite, but still, that is just how I am isn't it?

Now I know I shouldn't care what people think about me, (that is easier said than done) but it is not really about that. It is about feeling alone, forgotten and like an outsider. The thing that makes me feel stupid is that I remember everything. I remember the conversations I have with people, their birthdays, etc but rarely anyone remembers anything with me. It just hurt's.

I've tried to explain this the best way I could, cause there are a lot of thoughts going on right now in my head lol. Hopefully it's clear enough, and if anyone was bothered to read it thanks I guess.
I’m sorry to hear this, just remember you’re not alone in how you’re feeling right now, although I have a few friends I also feel in a similar way as I don’t get endless notifications on my phone of texts and missed calls etc. Just remember that you shouldn’t need approval or attention from other people, then you’re further feeling like you need attention from them to feel satisfied with yourself. You’re the most important person and don’t let other people’s lack of attention get you down
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BlackkQueen12)
Awe boo you are never forgotten :heart:
I am here if you want to talk
Thx, I appreciate it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SweetSexySavage)
Try and initiate a convo ur self. Sitting idly wont change anything
Well I did say when I initiate a convo it just seem's so one sided, so there is no point wasting time if you don't wanna talk.
Anonymous #1
It all depends on your intention. Do you remember other peoples birthdays because you want the to remember yours, or are you doing it because you want to make them happy. Whatver the issue is, if you focus on making other happy and stop focusing on what you don't have and enjoy life as it is at the moment, you'll come to a point where you're happy in you're own life and don't need other people's approval of you. If you have good intentions behind everything you do, not saying you don't but this was a mistake I personally made, you wont care if they forgot about you sometimes, because you'll feel happy that at least you mad someone else's day.

Also, tip: don't become a door mat for others. Stad up for yourself if you feel left out. Say that you feel left out if you notice a lot. It will work out trust yourself. You got this. You don't need others approval in your life.
I have good intentions, it's not that I just remember people's birthday's. But like I said, this isn't about seeking approval, it's about feeling alone. But thank you for the advice.
SweetSexySavage
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I did say when I initiate a convo it just seem's so one sided, so there is no point wasting time if you don't wanna talk.
well if you ain't striking up much of a convo maybe ask different questions. But tbf don't let the lack of attention of others bring you down and make you feel forgotten
Fluffy4144
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Sorry you're feeling like this. One thing I've learned in life is that friends come and go. Maybe you haven't found your tribe yet, I am sure you will make some great new friends in the future. I used to have loads of friends but over the years many drifted away or lost touch for different reasons. I have moved town and I'm hoping to make some new friends soon. You sound like a caring person, anyone would be lucky to count you as a friend.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I get how you’re feeling. It probably isn’t that something is wrong with you, you probably just haven’t found “your people” yet. Depending on how old you are, most of your close friends will probably be made later in life anyway. Always here if you need to talk as I do understand what you’re going through and have felt the same type of way during this time too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads