The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Emailed admissions about deferring

So last Tuesday (5th May) I emailed admissions at Winchester uni to ask about deferring my uni place due to lack of finance. I got an automatic email back that said they’ll do their best to get to me within two working days but they still haven’t.
Does anyone know if admissions were even the right people to email about this?? Also is there a delay on replying at the moment because of the current situation?
Just wanting to know because if they decline my request then I need to complete my student finance application ASAP (the deadline is in like 10 days) and try and figure out how I’m even going to afford uni in September.

(Btw I’m not thinking of deferring because of corona at all, It’s just that it was only recently that I realised the lack of money I will get from student finance and how I would be struggling if I didn’t defer and work full time for a year)
Admissions were probably the right people to email. Presumably their staff are limited as some will have been furloughed. They will definitely let you defer. Just wait a couple of days.
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Original post by Anonymous
So last Tuesday (5th May) I emailed admissions at Winchester uni to ask about deferring my uni place due to lack of finance. I got an automatic email back that said they’ll do their best to get to me within two working days but they still haven’t.
Does anyone know if admissions were even the right people to email about this?? Also is there a delay on replying at the moment because of the current situation?
Just wanting to know because if they decline my request then I need to complete my student finance application ASAP (the deadline is in like 10 days) and try and figure out how I’m even going to afford uni in September.

(Btw I’m not thinking of deferring because of corona at all, It’s just that it was only recently that I realised the lack of money I will get from student finance and how I would be struggling if I didn’t defer and work full time for a year)

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a response yet. The admissions team are very busy and, due to working from home, have limited access to their phones which means emails have increased substantially.

They were the right people to email about deferring though, and will be able to help you with the process when they get to the email

Luke
Original post by University of Winchester
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a response yet. The admissions team are very busy and, due to working from home, have limited access to their phones which means emails have increased substantially.

They were the right people to email about deferring though, and will be able to help you with the process when they get to the email

Luke

hi,

I was wondering i could have the email that I am supposed to reply too as I am having the same dilemma with Student finance not being enough. I am also hoping it's not too late to defer my offer as it is getting closer to results day.
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

I was wondering i could have the email that I am supposed to reply too as I am having the same dilemma with Student finance not being enough. I am also hoping it's not too late to defer my offer as it is getting closer to results day.

Hello,

If you want to defer your place you'll need to contact our admissions team directly and let them know in writing. The email for the team is [email protected]

I how this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending