The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University term - online for the first term

I've heard a rumour that the first term at UCL will be on-line/distance learning only and that this will only be confirmed once the 31st May deadline has passed. Surely UCL need to be more transparent to allow students to switch courses to other universities if they want to be on campus for the first term particularly if they are a first year like myself before the deadline?
This is looking like it will be the case for most universities. Just firm the uni you like the most.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I’ve heard that Manchester are opting for a hybrid solution- students will be onsite from September but with online lectures and self-distancing tutorials. They are my insurance so I’m thinking of swapping from ucl so need to know what they are considering.
I doubt if it will just be UCL.
Original post by Jo2020
I've heard a rumour that the first term at UCL will be on-line/distance learning only and that this will only be confirmed once the 31st May deadline has passed. Surely UCL need to be more transparent to allow students to switch courses to other universities if they want to be on campus for the first term particularly if they are a first year like myself before the deadline?

all unis will do something similar unfortunately.
Original post by Jo2020

Just defer then or firm someone else. Anyone would think theres a pandemic going on with thousands of people dying. That damned virus so selfish.
Original post by Jo2020

Manchester is in fact confirmed the first one's to do it. I have a stringent belief of monkey see, monkey do in higher education. But since UCL is in a hot zone. It may opt to go fully online. If you chose to go to Manchester you could still easily get into UCL for a masters. My course mate is doing her master's at UCL despite us only going to lowly Nottingham 😂.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending