University term - online for the first term

Watch
Jo2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've heard a rumour that the first term at UCL will be on-line/distance learning only and that this will only be confirmed once the 31st May deadline has passed. Surely UCL need to be more transparent to allow students to switch courses to other universities if they want to be on campus for the first term particularly if they are a first year like myself before the deadline?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
This is looking like it will be the case for most universities. Just firm the uni you like the most.
Jo2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve heard that Manchester are opting for a hybrid solution- students will be onsite from September but with online lectures and self-distancing tutorials. They are my insurance so I’m thinking of swapping from ucl so need to know what they are considering.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I doubt if it will just be UCL.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jo2020)
I've heard a rumour that the first term at UCL will be on-line/distance learning only and that this will only be confirmed once the 31st May deadline has passed. Surely UCL need to be more transparent to allow students to switch courses to other universities if they want to be on campus for the first term particularly if they are a first year like myself before the deadline?
all unis will do something similar unfortunately.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
Just defer then or firm someone else. Anyone would think theres a pandemic going on with thousands of people dying. That damned virus so selfish.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Manchester is in fact confirmed the first one's to do it. I have a stringent belief of monkey see, monkey do in higher education. But since UCL is in a hot zone. It may opt to go fully online. If you chose to go to Manchester you could still easily get into UCL for a masters. My course mate is doing her master's at UCL despite us only going to lowly Nottingham 😂.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.16%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads