The Student Room Group

Staying Focused During Quarantine

I attempted to write an essay to realistic time-frame and really try and improve my productivity now that I have higher word counts but I just can't stay focused during lockdown.

I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems and if so how they've been overcoming them?

Any advice at all will be a big help!
Reply 1
Original post by Bunnelbyboi
I attempted to write an essay to realistic time-frame and really try and improve my productivity now that I have higher word counts but I just can't stay focused during lockdown.

I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems and if so how they've been overcoming them?

I have the same problem :/
no advice though lol sorry
I’m currently reading a book on how to be productive, will keep posted on my findings!

I have a similar issue - all of my household is at home due to the lockdown, so they have oodles of free time whilst I have to ferret away at my PhD. It can be very tempting to join them in their leisure activities, but I've had to try and ignore the temptation.

The most important thing is to identify what exactly is making you lose focus. Is it social media, your phone, your video games/books/Netflix etc. calling to you? Once you know, do all you can to remove those items from around you. Also let anyone you live with know that you need to be undisturbed for X amount of time to allow you to knuckle down.
Reply 4
I have flora on my phone so I'm not distracted by it
Reply 5
Original post by nightloc
I have flora on my phone so I'm not distracted by it

yes! i love that app
Once you’ve started, that’s 90% of the work, the rest is building blocks

Hi @Bunnelbyboi!

If you click here you can see our top tips for revising and studying from home! Scroll down and look for a post by Erin (that's me :smile:) and hopefully my advice will help! There is also lots of other advice from the rest of our team in the comments too.
I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions!

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending