xmpj.Tx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So I’m thinking of doing an artefact for my EPQ. I wanted to do it on Fashion Communication as if I choose to do Art/fashion at uni that is the area I’m interested in , and I wanted to create and put together a magazine , physical copy and digital. However I don’t know how I would go about choosing a question and laying it out. Help??
Also I was wondering ,, do universities actually look at your EPQ. Because art is only one of my HE options , the other being science , and of course I could do a scientific essay , but as I’m already doing other things to aid my personal statement for science degrees , I thought I could do the EPQ in art in case I choose to do art after my gap year ? I was just wondering wether an art EPQ would hinder my profile as a science candidate or wether they just look at it as an EPQ and won’t actually look at it ?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I dont know you could choose a question and lay it out but unis do look at your EPQ if its relevant and they only look at the grade and only know from you mention it in your personal statement (if you decide to do put in). Tbh focusing on your portfolio is more important for art but I guess it does help to show your interest in a specific course. No an art EPQ wouldnt hinder your profile as a science candidate unless you mention it in your personal statement/ interview, when its irrelevant to the science course you want to apply for
mimilala
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think an EPQ in an unrelated subject can still help with your uni application. I got reduced offers from two unis because of my EPQ, which I did on a completely different area of study to the course I applied for. I don't think an art EPQ will hinder a science application at all, they won't really care what you did it in unless you write it in your personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (94)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.21%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.91%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
30.03%

Watched Threads