The Student Room Group

I have no friends

So I haven’t used the student room in quite a while but recently I’ve been feeling I need some help, quite simply, I have no friends. Everyone I thought were my friends seem to try not to talk to me even when i just message to check if they’re okay. I honestly think I would rather they just told me to leave instead of making excuses, I’m not sure there is any solution but if anyone has any advice on how I can feel less alone it would really be appreciated
There is no perfect advice or quick solution.
The best things to do are focus on being happy, secure and putting your mental health first. :smile:
Learning new skills, having fun with hobbies that you enjoy and taking advantage of any passing opportunities to make new friends .
Taking a moment to remember how lucky you are and that many people would gladly swap places with you can also do wonders for keeping a positive mindset.
Join the club 😒
Reply 3
Original post by LokisTesseract
So I haven’t used the student room in quite a while but recently I’ve been feeling I need some help, quite simply, I have no friends. Everyone I thought were my friends seem to try not to talk to me even when i just message to check if they’re okay. I honestly think I would rather they just told me to leave instead of making excuses, I’m not sure there is any solution but if anyone has any advice on how I can feel less alone it would really be appreciated

Friends is a Big word.. You really mean you have no one to talk to.
Parents are friends, family are the only true friends you can have.
Finding the right friend isn't easy. Being a good friend is even harder. If you feel that they are excusing themselves not to talk to you then those are not the friends you need anyway.
HVe you tried volunteering.? Some times this gives you a chance to meet new people.
Original post by LokisTesseract

It's quarantine a conversation that asks if someone is okay dies pretty quickly, maybe instead of asking if someone is okay send them a video or something that's interesting.
It's not that you don't have friends it's that everyone is bored and there's nothing to talk about
I've had a few friends message me if I'm okay and the conversation dies after 4 messages, doesn't mean we're not friends just that there's nothing to talk about and no one wants to be thought of as boring so instead of having a boring conversation they just don't talk at all
I'll be your friend, if that helps. Seriously XD

Having friends is nice; but if you're aren't comfortable with yourself; that is big thing to work on. There's a difference between being alone and being lonely. Perhaps this quarantine can help you understand yourself.

idfk
Reply 6
Original post by Nutellla
I'll be your friend, if that helps. Seriously XD

Having friends is nice; but if you're aren't comfortable with yourself; that is big thing to work on. There's a difference between being alone and being lonely. Perhaps this quarantine can help you understand yourself.

idfk

Depending on your age the friendship thing can be a BIG thing... But as you go on in life you will realise that friends are always changing then you need to try and make other friends. Such as this app is an actual good service to anyone who thinks that they have no friends. As you can see there are a few people talking to you right now.
i’ll be your friend!! haha
Original post by londonmyst
There is no perfect advice or quick solution.
The best things to do are focus on being happy, secure and putting your mental health first. :smile:
Learning new skills, having fun with hobbies that you enjoy and taking advantage of any passing opportunities to make new friends .
Taking a moment to remember how lucky you are and that many people would gladly swap places with you can also do wonders for keeping a positive mindset.

This is really good advice, thank you
Original post by skittlessh
i’ll be your friend!! haha

Aww thank you haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending