The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Music Business & Media at Brighton, is it good?

This is meant to be for those studying at Brighton but it would be really helpful if you could give me some feedback if you have studied the same course at another uni.

I am currently set to do media production but I want to reapply to do something music because it’s such a big passion of mine.

Has anyone done this course at Brighton or at another uni/a similar course?

If so was it good? Would you recommend it?

Is the Brighton campus new/exciting, what is accommodation like?

My mum is suspicious that there aren’t enough job opportunities surrounding the course for once you graduate, could you give me a list xx?

I am very into partying, albeit I stay away from drugs, what is the night life like?

Of course I could find answers elsewhere, but it is better imo to ask an ex/student their opinion because as most things are it might be very sugar coated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Throwaway0814
This is meant to be for those studying at Brighton but it would be really helpful if you could give me some feedback if you have studied the same course at another uni.

I am currently set to do media production but I want to reapply to do something music because it’s such a big passion of mine.

Has anyone done this course at Brighton or at another uni/a similar course?

If so was it good? Would you recommend it?

Is the Brighton campus new/exciting, what is accommodation like?

My mum is suspicious that there aren’t enough job opportunities surrounding the course for once you graduate, could you give me a list xx?

I am very into partying, albeit I stay away from drugs, what is the night life like?

Of course I could find answers elsewhere, but it is better imo to ask an ex/student their opinion because as most things are it might be very sugar coated.

Hi @Throwaway0814

I know you are looking for a response from a current student, but as no one has responded yet, I though I could help point you in the direction of information the you might find helpful. :h:

You can chat to current Brighton University students here. Our current students Karl and Rachel do media courses and i'm sure would be happy to help answer any questions you have and discuss their experience with you. They will also be able to answer questions about the accommodation.

As there are currently no open days due to covid-19, we have created a virtual tour page on our website. You can see the music and media spaces and equipment!

We are running accommodation and a mixture of other online live events, which our current students take part in, you are welcome to view a full list and stay up to date with these here.

Last in regards to nightlife... you may find this post helpful! Brighton is a really cool place (although i am bias as I've always lived here!) and there is always stuff to do!

I hope this helps. :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending