The Student Room Group

Triple or double science

Should I do triple or double science for gcse? I'm not intending to do it for a levels or uni and don't particularly enjoy science. But my science grades in KS3 have been quite good so I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't.
As a person who done triple science in their old skl (full of stress) and then moved to a new skl and done double science (less stress)...I think it's up tyu.
If you want more stress when it comes to revision, then do triple.
If you're not to bothered about science, I'd recommend double x
Reply 2
Original post by Sameera714
As a person who done triple science in their old skl (full of stress) and then moved to a new skl and done double science (less stress)...I think it's up tyu.
If you want more stress when it comes to revision, then do triple.
If you're not to bothered about science, I'd recommend double x

Thanks for that advice, as I'm not paricularly bothered about science I might do double science.
i was a lot like you. i don’t like science much, but i chose to do triple anyways. it’s a lot extra work and i won’t lie, can be extremely stressful at points, but it’ll be worth it in the end. so if you’re not passionate about science, it’s a tough one. are you going to voluntarily take on extra work knowing that you may not enjoy it at all? or just go with the less work? it’s up to you
I would say that if there is a small chance you will take a science A-level then go for it, but if not I would go for double as you can spend more time revising/doing subjects you really enjoy. Having said this, I did double so I can't really say what the workload would be like for triple.
Original post by Eaterwheat
Thanks for that advice, as I'm not paricularly bothered about science I might do double science.

I would suggest triple as you really can't be sure your interests won't change. You can drop down to double later, say in Year 11, once your A levels are clearer.
As someone who chose other options than triple and is taking physics A level, take whatever mate. choose whatever you enjoy (which I did for dt and art) and it wont disadvantage you if you want to do science A level. It reduces stress as the content is combined rather than worrying about 3 specific sciences and its less stress as its more 1 subject with 2 sides than 3 separate subjects, which makes it easier to focus on other work

Quick Reply

Latest