StudentForSQA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
This is where we can help each other and give each other advice based on the Higher Maths course when needed!

PLEASE READ BENEFICIAL FOR YOUR OWN QUALIFICATION!

Frequently asked questions:
1.) How is the final exam like?
Spoiler:
Show

Answer - The exam is split into 2 sections: 1) Non calculator (worth 70 marks), 2) Calculator (worth 80 marks) making it worth a total of 150 marks.

2.) I’m stuck on a Maths question/stuck on a whole topic! Please help.
Spoiler:
Show

Answer - Just ask below. Just remember I’m also doing the higher maths course this year, so I’ll try my best. Some useful links include the bbc bitesize page, DLBmaths on YouTube (This guy makes past paper videos!), the marking scheme on the SQA website for each past paper, and also just searching a topic up on YouTube and the internet! I have an experience with not knowing how to do inequality and my prelim was a week away, so I went on YouTube to study how to do inequality and watched people do examples of inequality questions (this is because I was Nat 4 and called up mid-way through the year) and I learned how to do inequality and was able to do it, also by the help of the SQA marking scheme for a question! I managed to walk out with an A and got the highest mark in my class (82%) in the prelim; my teacher was surprised since I wasn’t in her class at the beginning.

3.) Is there an assignment in Higher Maths?
Spoiler:
Show

Answer - Just like in National Five maths, there is no assignment needed to be done for Higher Maths!

4.) What is the best way to study for Higher Maths?
Spoiler:
Show

Answer - Whatever makes you comfortable! However, for National five I wrote each topic and did the possible questions in each topic that even included different scenarios. I would also say read over how you answered the mathematical questions and do past papers based on each topic and then finally do a pass paper in the order the questions appear in. Remember there are marking schemes available!

5.)My question isn’t answered, what do I do?
Answer - Just ask here!
Last edited by Labrador99; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (140)
4.81%
Uncertainty around my education (428)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (326)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (407)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (133)
4.57%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (177)
6.08%
Loneliness (250)
8.59%
Financial worries (108)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (119)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (133)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (157)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (259)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (275)
9.44%

Watched Threads