The Student Room Group

Autism and hugs.

Something I noticed that when I was a kid and teenager women always hugged cuddle and kissed me on check and now I'm in my 21st I don't understand why it's stopped. I have asperger syndrome and autism maybe it just happens to stop but I find them comforting and soothing I like human touch why has it stopped I don't understand is it the same for everyone or just me I miss them I wanna a hug.

Scroll to see replies

I mean the corona virus doesn’t help, but I’m sending a virtual hug now ❤️
Reply 2
Original post by Ellyturpin
I mean the corona virus doesn’t help, but I’m sending a virtual hug now

Thank you so much it means the world to me I hate the corona virus it took away what little hugs I used to get and I spend a lot of time upset and wanting cuddles and hugs. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart YOUR THE BEST THANK YOU SO MUCH.
God bless you ❤️❤️❤️
/wholesome
Reply 5
Original post by Fuzzy95
Something I noticed that when I was a kid and teenager women always hugged cuddle and kissed me on check and now I'm in my 21st I don't understand why it's stopped. I have asperger syndrome and autism maybe it just happens to stop but I find them comforting and soothing I like human touch why has it stopped I don't understand is it the same for everyone or just me I miss them I wanna a hug.

because you're a grown ass man now. why would they want to hug a random stranger? you're not a child anymore.
Original post by Ciel.
because you're a grown ass man now. why would they want to hug a random stranger? you're not a child anymore.

Be a little kinder will you?
Reply 7
Original post by Rupert2020
Be a little kinder will you?

whatever for? i don't like creepy people.. and that's how the op comes across to me.
Original post by Ciel.
whatever for? i don't like creepy people.. and that's how the op comes across to me.

I think you’d probably understand and be more empathetic if you had autism yourself or knew someone with autism
Reply 9
I think you’d probably understand and be more empathetic if you had autism yourself or knew someone with autism

i know what autism is.
Original post by Ciel.
i know what autism is.

Ok but do you understand it? Are you close to someone who has it?
Reply 11
Ok but do you understand it? Are you close to someone who has it?

i do understand it, in theory. and no.
Original post by Ciel.
i do understand it, in theory. and no.

Well then if you don’t have a proper understanding of it and you don’t know someone close to you who has it then I suggest you don’t be so quick as to judge them and call them a creep because they aren’t
Reply 13
Well then if you don’t have a proper understanding of it and you don’t know someone close to you who has it then I suggest you don’t be so quick as to judge them and call them a creep because they aren’t

people with learning difficulties can still be creepy, it's not my fault. i, personally, find it creepy when random strangers want to touch me. so what?
Original post by Ciel.
people with learning difficulties can still be creepy, it's not my fault. i, personally, find it creepy when random strangers want to touch me. so what?

He wasn’t saying he wanted to touch random strangers though was he?
Reply 15
He wasn’t saying he wanted to touch random strangers though was he?

he kinda was.. why are you so obsessed with me?
Original post by Ciel.
he kinda was.. why are you so obsessed with me?

I’m not obsessed with you, I’m just trying to show you there’s nothing wrong with what he’s saying, the women he was talking about might have been relatives or family friends. To be honest you don’t really have any position to comment if you don’t fully understand what autism is or know someone close to you who has it
Reply 17
I’m not obsessed with you, I’m just trying to show you there’s nothing wrong with what he’s saying, the women he was talking about might have been relatives or family friends. To be honest you don’t really have any position to comment if you don’t fully understand what autism is or know someone close to you who has it

there's nothing wrong with what i'm saying, either, i'm telling him how it is. most people find it creepy when adults they're not close to, want to hug them.
Original post by Ciel.
there's nothing wrong with what i'm saying, either, i'm telling him how it is. most people find it creepy when adults they're not close to, want to hug them.

Well he wasn’t suggesting he’d want to hug adults that aren’t close to him, he was talking about women, that he probably knew when he was younger and that he misses it.
Reply 19
Well he wasn’t suggesting he’d want to hug adults that aren’t close to him, he was talking about women, that he probably knew when he was younger and that he misses it.

rupert, just give it a rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending