CJ_bangtan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am a year 11 student currently my GCSE's have been cancelled but I have gotten into my chosen sixth form but I want to change my a level option from biology to sociology. Do you think now is a good time to do that.
Biology is a subject that I don't particularly enjoy studying and struggle a lot with as it gives me so much stress.
hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CJ_bangtan)
I am a year 11 student currently my GCSE's have been cancelled but I have gotten into my chosen sixth form but I want to change my a level option from biology to sociology. Do you think now is a good time to do that.
Biology is a subject that I don't particularly enjoy studying and struggle a lot with as it gives me so much stress.
Yeah on a enrolment day they are probably going to ask if you want to change (that’s what happened with me). If you want you can email them as well just to make sure. Some sixth forms even let you change in the first few weeks of studying the subject as well (not all though).

Email them, if they don’t respond then just go and tell them on enrolment day.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If there's any bridging work you need to do for it, change it now so you dont have to handle biology work. You can change it now or on enrollment day - it depends on you
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CJ_bangtan)
Hey CJ_bangtan"

Congrats on getting into the sixth form!

From what you have said about biology it sounds like changing would be the best option! Have you had a look at what sociology entails and if it would interest you?

Although you will probably have the option in your first few days/weeks to change subjects, there is no harm in sending an email over now to make things easier

Courtney - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (68)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed