The Student Room Group

student finance- PFF2 reassurance

hi i was just wondering if i could just get some reassurance from anyone who has the answers or been through the same issue.

i recently applied for my student finance and completed my half online, the issue came when my mother tried to fill in her half as it states she had already had an account registered which isn’t true. i quickly learnt that as she had obtained her student loan in the 1990s and an account had been created however there is no access to it due to applying for her by a paper form and her information being put into a system with no real account details.

we called sfe and were told to fill out a PFF2 form which has now been completed and is being sent out tomorrow.

my question is what will happen now? i understand that the PFF2 form is a replica of what would have to be filled out online so will this information be uploaded to my account once it has been processed and my application be submitted? and can we access my mothers account? as we were told to phone when the form has arrived so we can update her account and access it?

thank for any help and reassurance just need a little bit more of an understanding as this whole situation has been really stressful.
Reply 1
Original post by aaliyah.m16
hi i was just wondering if i could just get some reassurance from anyone who has the answers or been through the same issue.

i recently applied for my student finance and completed my half online, the issue came when my mother tried to fill in her half as it states she had already had an account registered which isn’t true. i quickly learnt that as she had obtained her student loan in the 1990s and an account had been created however there is no access to it due to applying for her by a paper form and her information being put into a system with no real account details.

we called sfe and were told to fill out a PFF2 form which has now been completed and is being sent out tomorrow.

my question is what will happen now? i understand that the PFF2 form is a replica of what would have to be filled out online so will this information be uploaded to my account once it has been processed and my application be submitted? and can we access my mothers account? as we were told to phone when the form has arrived so we can update her account and access it?

thank for any help and reassurance just need a little bit more of an understanding as this whole situation has been really stressful.

While I have not been through this specific problem I can say we had a problem which delayed son's application on my side.The fact is it takes about 6 weeks for SFE to process your claim and the deadline is just so they have time to process the whole lot allowing for problems.So do not stress you will get you money on time.Just wait until you believe letter has arrived plus one week then phone them again if you have not heard anything and they will chase it up.SFE are quite helpful in general and want you to get your money.Son forgot to apply for his third year and only did so at start of August!Still got money in time for start of term so chill.
Reply 2
hi thank you so much for you help :smile: just to clarify does is actually take 6 weeks to process?? because some places says it takes 4-8 working days
hi thank you so much for you help :smile: just to clarify does is actually take 6 weeks to process?? because some places says it takes 4-8 working days

Up to 6 weeks.

Yeah, they usually get it done within 20 days at most, but if they increase the time line you can't complain it wasn't done in time and protects them, yet also allows them to finish it sooner.

Give it at least a week and call them, they can tell you if it had been received and processed and can give you an adjusted time line then.
Reply 4
Original post by Lizzillo
Up to 6 weeks.

Yeah, they usually get it done within 20 days at most, but if they increase the time line you can't complain it wasn't done in time and protects them, yet also allows them to finish it sooner.

Give it at least a week and call them, they can tell you if it had been received and processed and can give you an adjusted time line then.

thank you so much. so once the form is processed that’s application for student finance done???
thank you so much. so once the form is processed that’s application for student finance done???

Unless they ask for further evidence, yep. Or unless you need to change something, for example, going to your insurance uni, deferring a year, your bank account etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Lizzillo
Unless they ask for further evidence, yep. Or unless you need to change something, for example, going to your insurance uni, deferring a year, your bank account etc.

thank you so much :smile: this had made me feel so much better i can stop stressing out now

Quick Reply

Latest