AQA grades strange (remark?)

Watch this thread
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi,
in response to the AQA strange grades thread, who's getting their papers remarked?
Please post the subject, the paper and the grade + UMS mark you got and the grade you actually expected.

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C
expected at least a B if not an A

not sure whether i should go for remark though.
student_s
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
Psychology PYA5, I got a U, when I thought I should have done better, all my other 5 exams were A's so it was really disappointing!
thebirthoftragedy
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
English Literature
LTA4 - Texts in Time
54/90 C
Really disappointed with that. Although English was my weakest subject, I was really pleased with how that paper went..
Not bothering with a remark though, as I literally only scraped that C by one mark anyway :/
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
English Literature
LTA1 -- The Modern novel
UMS -- 7/100 -- U

Expected at least a high B
olichemistry
Report 13 years ago
Physics unit 5 (astro option) 60/90

if ever i thought i aced an exam paper it was this 1, i dont understand how i could drop this low
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jkyng1)
Hi,
in response to the AQA strange grades thread, who's getting their papers remarked?
Please post the subject, the paper and the grade + UMS mark you got and the grade you actually expected.

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

If you are not sure you will go up in marks with a remark then you could get a photocopy of your script and ask a teacher to mark it. It's a lot cheaper and if it turns out you were actually given too many marks you won't lose any.
SilentGirl
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
If you are not sure you will go up in marks with a remark then you could get a photocopy of your script and ask a teacher to mark it. It's a lot cheaper and if it turns out you were actually given too many marks you won't lose any.

Thats waht im doing.. I was 1 mark off an A in chemistry. Photocopy deadline at my college is on monday.

Edit:

I got 77/90

The actual paper is out of 60. The exam went really good. I neevr felt so happy about an exam but this one. I hoped for over 95%. I will see wat i get after remark...
callum9999
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
Thats waht im doing.. I was 1 mark off an A in chemistry. Photocopy deadline at my college is on monday.
Is that just at your college because I was told by the head of 6th form I have to wait until school starts again before I can get a copy?
SilentGirl
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Is that just at your college because I was told by the head of 6th form I have to wait until school starts again before I can get a copy?

Sign up deadline is monday but i doubt i will get my script before college starts.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
German, unit 3
ums: 40 (U)
predicted: A

so yes, i'll be getting a remark.
callum9999
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
Sign up deadline is monday but i doubt i will get my script before college starts.
I meant I have to wait until school starts again before I can request a copy. Do you know if that sign up deadline is just your college or is it nationwide?
random321
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I am

Economics
Unit 1 91/105 A
Unit 2 88/105 A
Unit 3 45/105 D....... one off an E
JakeCordell
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I think I'll be getting two, History and English (HS03 and NTB2 i think...cba to go and get results sheet).

I'm only at AS Level, so there's no real rush. Do I have a deadline?
SilentGirl
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I meant I have to wait until school starts again before I can request a copy. Do you know if that sign up deadline is just your college or is it nationwide?

I think its just my college, Still worth a check at your college.
The_Goose
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I think most people did poorly on PYA5 I got a C which was disappointing and alot of people i know got's U's. Think maybe there was an issue?
SpiritedAway
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JakeCordell)
I think I'll be getting two, History and English (HS03 and NTB2 i think...cba to go and get results sheet).

I'm only at AS Level, so there's no real rush. Do I have a deadline?
i *think* it's the 19th of September
hannah_25
Report 13 years ago
Hi,

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

i did aqa business too and i got Unit 4 - A, Unit 5 - B and Unit 6 - U.
(overall - C)

definately getting a remark for that last paper!
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kasphlam)
English Literature
LTA1 -- The Modern novel
UMS -- 7/100 -- U

Expected at least a high B
I bet you someone forgot to enter another 7 in to make it 77/100 :p:

I've got a problem with PHB6 , I was expecting to get at least 72/90 i.e an A despite having problems getting equpiment to work in a practical exam , and I've got 50/90 which is worth a D grade.Not happy as it's stopping me meeting my Warwick offer (need 18 more points for the A they need).I've asked for a photocopy of the paper and I'm thinking of putting in for a priority remark as well because I don't think anyone (including someone who got AAAA) did better than a C in that unit.
Vogue girl 22324
Report 13 years ago
Hi,

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C

Media studies
unit 1 reading the media
D :mad:

I thought the exam went really well we did loads of exam practise for this unit in class and I received straight A's always so I was absolutely appalled to see my D especially as I received A's for unit 2 and 3 which made my overall grade B. I am defiantly getting a remark as are loads of people in my class (about 75%). I was expecting an B at least !
JakeCordell
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SpiritedAway)
i *think* it's the 19th of September
And when will that get back to me, do you know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads