BigBash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
If there are any , what are the biggest or even small intricate differences between applying for Law at oxford or Cambridge . What would Cambridge prefer too see in the PS and is oxford more abstract/philosophical in their approach to Law ?

Any replies appreciated thanks
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Probably their strictness in GCSE as Cambridge is more lenient. Also their course modules will be different like Roman law is compulsory I think at Oxford while Cambridge is optional or doesnt include it (not sure). In my opinion, Oxford is more theoretical law while Cambridge is more historical. Cambridge has the CLT, which has the problem questions, while Oxford has LNAT, which you pay for and hasn't got the problem questions but has comprehensive and essay questions CLT has. I dont know how they weigh the PS tbh
BigBash
Rep:
?
I see , isn’t the CLT just 1 essay question ?
Johnny ~
Badges: 12
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by BigBash)
If there are any , what are the biggest or even small intricate differences between applying for Law at oxford or Cambridge . What would Cambridge prefer too see in the PS and is oxford more abstract/philosophical in their approach to Law ?

Any replies appreciated thanks
Cambridge would like to see evidence of a genuine and informed interest in studying law, like every other university. It would also like you to highlight the skills (and what you've done to develop these) that make you especially apt to studying law.

No, Oxford isn't more 'abstract' in their approach to law, whatever that means.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I see , isn’t the CLT just 1 essay question ?
No it's problem, comprehensive and essay. Here's a link that gives you a better understanding of what I've said: https://www.thelawyerportal.com/free...idge-law-test/
BigBash
Rep:
?
I think they might have updated it or something ? Check the official Cambridge website and click on the law course and have a look at the description for the CLT it says specifically 1 essay question for a duration of 60 mins . Not any additional problem solving for 2 hours
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think they might have updated it or something ? Check the official Cambridge website and click on the law course and have a look at the description for the CLT it says specifically 1 essay question for a duration of 60 mins . Not any additional problem solving for 2 hours
Oh they must have. I'm deeply sorry. Could you link me the information btw?
BigBash
Rep:
?
No problem ! https://ba.law.cam.ac.uk/applying/cambridge_law_test/
idk01
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah as of last year at least the CLT was just one essay question. Perhaps it's changed though.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by idk01)
Yeah as of last year at least the CLT was just one essay question. Perhaps it's changed though.
Perhaps
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed