what is the marketing structure for folding bikes
roo02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by victoria5706)
what is the marketing structure for folding bikes
What's up with everybody asking business studies questions in the cars and motoring section today

First up - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5085638 - I've attached somebody's coursework which may help you. This is worth a read too: https://www.tutor2u.net/business/blo...lding-bicycles

I happen to have done this module before, so I'll try and help out

You want to research

- Competitors
- Market size and structure
- Target market
- Trends
- Ext. influences

I'll keep it brief for my own sanity, so:

-Competitors - list a few companies that make portable bikes. Eg. Moma, ecosmo, Di Blasi . Aimimal are luxury vendors.

- Market size and structure - This is the part you needed help with I'm guessing? A market structure describes the characteristics of a market. Is it competitive? Momopolistic? Oligopolistic? Read this: https://quickonomics.com/market-structures/ -- I'd say it's Monopolistic Competition, as the market and the firms selling these bikes are quite small; its a fairly niche product.

- Target market - who is the audience? Commuters in cities, travellers, people w/ limited storage space

- Trends - not really sure to be honest. Size, comfort, and price? - modern aesthetics?

- Ext. influences. These bikes are mostly used as a tool rather than for pleasure so, if people stop doing the activity, they stop using (and buying) bikes. Eg. Country on lockdown = nobody commuting to work on folding bike. Bad economy = people have less money and time to travel, so won't use their bikes, or buy new ones. Price elasticity: if the prices of rubber/metal go up, can companies afford to raise prices/ accept less gross profit? Income elasticity: When incomes go down, will bike sales drop too? Probably.

Not sure if that helps, feel free to message me if you have any other specific questions
Attached files
Last edited by roo02; 1 year ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Boooo! not a car! BOOOOO! :mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (44)
15.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
32.53%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.33%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (25)
8.56%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.82%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
24.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.03%

Watched Threads