The Student Room Group

Year 14 student. My experience and yours ?

So I’m a year 14 student ,retaking maths, and yesterday I got a phone call from my school demanding that I come in to school in 2 weeks to sit a test that will decide my prediction. They don’t care about any of the work I’ve done with my tutor or indeed his reference, they simply said i can’t prove he didn’t do the work for me. But here’s the kicker; I emailed them last week about what was happening and I got told to “hang fire” “see what you think of our solution”no mention of a test. Now this might seem fair to some people, a test to prove how well your doing, but here this. The school decided that it would not take into account the fact that we all stopped revising when we were told exams were cancelled, I asked last week and they didn’t mention it, we will be compared against year 13 students who were sat in class all year, they refuse to make the test easier to accommodate for a year 14 student who hasn’t finished the syllabus because of lockdown oh yeah and we got told all of this yesterday, the deadline for getting a refund on your exam payment. So I’d like to know, year 14 students, what your school have said on predictions ?
I am still waiting on a decision from my old school, I did mocks(months ago, as soon as we were told the exams got cancelled) on zoom with my tutors watching and recording me and they were send off to school along with tutor references. But the fact the exam withdrawal date was yesterday and I haven't been told if I am being given a grade or not is really stressing me out. If they make me do another mock, I genuinely will do so badly. I haven't revised my maths or chemistry for months now :/. I wish you the best of luck with your mocks, its so so unfair
Reply 2
Looks like you’re in a better position than I am. I got told pretty much that the only evidence that will be good enough is if I sit a text in 2 weeks. But I stopped revising 2 months ago, so best case scenario I’m still 2 months behind on my work so there’s no way I’m gonna perform well in 2 weeks. So unfair but they don’t care.
so school just said I have to do more assessments in 2 weeks!! not revised since march
Reply 4
Original post by becky_5642
so school just said I have to do more assessments in 2 weeks!! not revised since march

Have you heard anything recently ? I phoned my uni and the general admin I spoke to said they are “most likely just going to wait till august” , meanwhile school are expecting me to sit this paper on Tuesday and Wednesday, I’m probably going to get a U
Original post by JiiMBO
Have you heard anything recently ? I phoned my uni and the general admin I spoke to said they are “most likely just going to wait till august” , meanwhile school are expecting me to sit this paper on Tuesday and Wednesday, I’m probably going to get a U

nope heard nothing just that I have to come into school and sit papers. Best of Luck to you!!! You know more than you think

Quick Reply

Latest