M.Alkarkhi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello

I am going to apply to university in 2021 but I have a question about student finances. In the UK/EU the price is somewhere near £9000, but for international students, the price is triple or quadruple the price. I am from Norway which isn't in the EU. However, I've lived in the UK in the past 4 years and will be 5 years by the time I go to uni. Will I be considered a UK student or an international student?

Thanks
Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you have lived in the UK for three years before the start of your course, you didn't move to the UK just for study purposes and you have settled status (i.e. no limit on how long you can stay in the UK) then you count as a home student and pay the UK fees.

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by M.Alkarkhi)
Hello

I am going to apply to university in 2021 but I have a question about student finances. In the UK/EU the price is somewhere near £9000, but for international students, the price is triple or quadruple the price. I am from Norway which isn't in the EU. However, I've lived in the UK in the past 4 years and will be 5 years by the time I go to uni. Will I be considered a UK student or an international student?

Thanks
Hi there, we can't provide accurate information for the 2021/22 academic year as our regulations are not released yet and things can always change. However for the 2020/21 academic year, Norwegian nationals can only receive funding if they meet the home student criteria or the Migrant Worker criteria http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

What is your status in the UK?
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed