The Student Room Group

Sending Evidence

Hi there,
I am an EU National that has a permanent residence in the UK. I have been asked to send my original passport and my original Home office document, both of which are very important documents. My questions are:

1) Because of the current situation, I was unable to send the documents early, so if I send then this week, the processing time will run past the deadline, so would that affect whether or not my student finance is approved?

2) Should I put the evidence cover letter inside both pieces of documents or should I just print out one and leave it in the envelope?

3) Both these documents are very important to me and I can't afford to lose them. I will send them in a registered envelope so I can track the post, but you mention on your website that you return evidence through standard post. I feel this is unsafe so can I provide a registered envelope with the evidence for you to return them in?
Original post by Learning12
Hi there,
I am an EU National that has a permanent residence in the UK. I have been asked to send my original passport and my original Home office document, both of which are very important documents. My questions are:

1) Because of the current situation, I was unable to send the documents early, so if I send then this week, the processing time will run past the deadline, so would that affect whether or not my student finance is approved?

2) Should I put the evidence cover letter inside both pieces of documents or should I just print out one and leave it in the envelope?

3) Both these documents are very important to me and I can't afford to lose them. I will send them in a registered envelope so I can track the post, but you mention on your website that you return evidence through standard post. I feel this is unsafe so can I provide a registered envelope with the evidence for you to return them in?

Hi there, I will answer your queries in order.
1. New SFE applicants should apply by the 22/05/2020 in order to receive funding on time, if you apply after this date then funding could be delayed.
2. Everything can go inside the same envelope and I would personally put the cover letter on top so it's the first thing seen when your package is opened.
3. We do not send ID evidence back via standard post. Original ID is returned via special delivery tracked post, please don't include a return envelope as we won't use it and it will be returned back to you.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi,I've got the same issue and I've just spoken to someone at SFE who said that they send the passport and any other evidence back signed for. I hope that helps with your third question - I don't have an answer for the first two though.

Edit: I also asked about finance being delayed due to processing and delivery times and I was told that although it is a possibility, they are currently processing applications in around 6 days so as long as you send it as soon as you can then you should be fine.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by dfb8
Hi,I've got the same issue and I've just spoken to someone at SFE who said that they send the passport and any other evidence back signed for. I hope that helps with your third question - I don't have an answer for the first two though.

Edit: I also asked about finance being delayed due to processing and delivery times and I was told that although it is a possibility, they are currently processing applications in around 6 days so as long as you send it as soon as you can then you should be fine.

Hi there, to process ID it currently takes 7 working days, to assess an EU application it takes 6 working days. We advise allowing up to 6 weeks.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, I will answer your queries in order.
1. New SFE applicants should apply by the 22/05/2020 in order to receive funding on time, if you apply after this date then funding could be delayed.
2. Everything can go inside the same envelope and I would personally put the cover letter on top so it's the first thing seen when your package is opened.
3. We do not send ID evidence back via standard post. Original ID is returned via special delivery tracked post, please don't include a return envelope as we won't use it and it will be returned back to you.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for your quick reply

Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, to process ID it currently takes 7 working days, to assess an EU application it takes 6 working days. We advise allowing up to 6 weeks.
Thanks, Isaac

I sent my evidence yesterday and it will be delivered today or tomorrow. So are you saying that my application will be delayed?
Original post by Learning12
Thank you for your quick reply

I sent my evidence yesterday and it will be delivered today or tomorrow. So are you saying that my application will be delayed?

Apologies for the delay in responding. If you are applying to SFE and you apply after 22/05 then it is possible for your funding to be delayed.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending