The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

english literature/history/physics/a language
Perhaps you should also ask yourself whether the economics A level is the right one to take. It is not essential for entry to an economics degree and you may be able to shine better (bearing in your user name) if you go for history and English.
Reply 3
A Language >>Just because its really different and I love French.:smile:
Reply 4
I'd say Physics would be good- cause I don't think it's easy. xD
Reply 5
I would choose a subject which allows you to improve your writing and arguing skills. History or English would be my suggestion. You've got more than enough number crunching there, no need for another science.
Languages are good to have, broader options and all that.

An english/history to show all roundedness.

Or something you're good at or enjoy to perhaps secure a good grade :smile:
English. :smile:
Reply 8
No English won't help you like History will. History will give you the insight to economic issues and help you to develop more formal argumentative essay skills than English.
what do you enjoy? take that, easy
Reply 10
Whatever you enjoy most, you've got the prerequisites for an economics degree, so do something that won't be a chore, most reasonable subjects are good:

Language - roundedness and useful in later life
History - argumentative skills and I'd guess there would be some interesting economics thrown in there
English - writing and arguing skills
physics - more maths is never bad for economics
Reply 11
Agreed, English is useful but its skills won't give an edge as an economist as history skills will.
Reply 12
A language.
Reply 13
a language if you can do it, it'll be really useful in the future
So you're saying that history is better than English lit then? Why is history better than English lit though?
Either english literature or history- both would develop your essay writing skills and techniques, as well as critical thinking (more so in english lit.)
There is an element of history in economics, and history teaches you how to examine evidence and come to a conclusion.
Why a language? Because if I was applying for economics at uni I wouldn't even think of doing a language (well, that's because I'm not good at it). What skills does a language give you at A Level compared with History or English lit?

Also, no-one has mentioned Politics yet. Why?
Reply 18
The two questions to ask yourself are "What do you enjoy?" and "What do you think you'll get the highest grade in?"
Reply 19
im so academic

Also, no-one has mentioned Politics yet. Why?

You will misunderstand modern economic science if you think politics can help you.

Latest

Trending

Trending