The Student Room Group

Im breaking down help

I have a crush on my friend I haven't spoken to in 6 months but I don't want to tell him because he told me I was different from the other girls because I'm not desperate for him. i don't want to lose him from my life if I tell him my feelings, he will see my as another basic girl. what should I do. i cant sleep at night.
Reply 1
Hi,

Do you know what he meant by 'different from other girls'? Could he have meant it in a good way? If you have a crush on him there's two ways of going about it, either cutting him from your life until you can remove the romantic feelings and stick to only a friendship. Or slowly start to become more as a friend, and even just tell him that you have fancied him for ages and just see what he says? The worst thing is not knowing, i'm sure he will be flattered! Good Luck
That actually sounds like a tough situation. I think you should reconnect with him, just like speak to him friend wise. After a while, I think it would be worth asking him if he is interested in being in a relationship/ see if your expectations marry up with what he is after. Just ask him in general not whether he would be interested in a relationship with you. I guess it also depends on how old you are/ how mature you both are. Ngl the way he basically says he is tired of girls being interested in him suggests he isn't looking for anything serious but if you haven't spoken in so long then there is a high chance his views have changed. I think you should approach it slowly and put yourself first. It's easier said than done but if being just friends with him with no actual relationship, in the long run, sounds too painful then I think you should work on getting over him. You need to be prepared for it going either way. Love yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a crush on my friend I haven't spoken to in 6 months but I don't want to tell him because he told me I was different from the other girls because I'm not desperate for him. i don't want to lose him from my life if I tell him my feelings, he will see my as another basic girl. what should I do. i cant sleep at night.

“Another basic girl” bit immature. If you’re interested in a relationship, tell him. He says yes or no and that’s the end of it. Life goes on.
Reply 4
“Another basic girl” bit immature. If you’re interested in a relationship, tell him. He says yes or no and that’s the end of it. Life goes on.

Grass is always greener on the other side. I bet you 10 to 1 you’re not so black and white when it comes to your own issues.
Reply 5

Must be one heck of a good looking dude if he’s women are coming on to him left and right. If so, that’s a bonus for you! You should ease into it, drop a few hints and see where that leads. That way you don’t expose yourself completely if he isn’t going for it.
Original post by Rennrsr
Grass is always greener on the other side. I bet you 10 to 1 you’re not so black and white when it comes to your own issues.

when i was younger yes, and i wish i was more confident back then. i understand how these issues seem difficult. what i was trying to say was go for it. what have you got to lose?
Reply 7
when i was younger yes, and i wish i was more confident back then. i understand how these issues seem difficult. what i was trying to say was go for it. what have you got to

Your original post came across harsh, In my humble opinion. It was cool of you to re-edit and post🤙.
Original post by Rennrsr
Your original post came across harsh, In my humble opinion. It was cool of you to re-edit and post🤙.

I apologise, it was not meant to.
Reply 9
I apologise, it was not meant to.

No worries my friend, no offense taken. Be safe and hopefully we’ll all be back to normal soon🤙.

this is so sad:frown: i get you, i really do. as a teenage girl who becomes close with boys ‘as friends’ then accidentally crushes on them i know exactly how you must feel. the only real option is to say to him how nice he is to you all the time, and why or if not that drop a bomb and say something along the lines of ‘haha can you imagine if we were together’. see his reaction and response then use it to map out your next move. sometimes we can’t have what we want and i’m in the exact situation right now lol. life goes on with or without him. the ladies got you. just reading back i realised you’d not spoken in six months, was this due to the relationship thingy or another problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending