Does anybody have experience using a 'rocketbook' notebook?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm considering buying a 'rocketbook' smart notebook for uni next year. I feel like I waste a lot of paper/pens etc while writing notes, but I don't like writing purely digital notes as the act of writing stuff out by hand and making 'pretty' notes really helps me learn...

The rocketbook seems perfect for me, but idk if it's too good to be true- it looks incredible! Has anybody used one before, and, if so, what model did you get and what was your experience like?

Thanks!
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't use it, but from a quick search, I think it kinda a waste of money?
=============================
If you write using erasable pen, you can pop it into the oven at lowest temp for a few mins/ put under the sun for a while and under the heat, it will disappear.
Using a paper pack and a ring binder to store your papers. Your uni will have scanners/ printers everywhere anyway, so pop the notes in and scan... No need for using your phone to take photos, and many scanner apps can do similar.
And the paper is super cheap, so you can go for a while before needing to pop them in the oven, rendering 'able to wipe with damp towels' useless.
Also, if you are a perfectionist, I recommend writing on one side of paper, that way if you mess up, you can just flip it/ use a new page, no need for rewriting both sides. and it works better with the oven method.
This notebook is less environmentally than paper actually, from the reviews it seems like it can only be reused 3 times in the microwave. It is made of plastic, so it's not biodegradable like paper. Even if it is recyclable, the process of doing so would take up a lot of water/ energy.
This is useful for business workers/ managing teams that do not have a printer/ scanner nearby and need to share info quickly. For students, I think good old paper and scanner works better.
The book is also very pricey, and for a student, you will probably need 2 - 3 of these to have a book for different subjects and having paper copy of a few previous lectures to do HW.
Remember to scan your note frequently and label them clearly though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Arctic Kitten)
I don't use it, but from a quick search, I think it kinda a waste of money?
If you write using erasable pen, you can pop it into the oven at lowest temp for a few mins/ put under the sun for a while and under the heat, it will disappear.
Using a paper pack and a ring binder to store your papers. Your uni will have scanners/ printers everywhere anyway, so pop the notes in and scan... No need for using your phone to take photos, and many scanner apps can do similar.
And the paper is super cheap, so you can go for a while before needing to pop them in the oven, rendering 'able to wipe with damp towels' useless.
Also, if you are a perfectionist, I recommend writing on one side of paper, that way if you mess up, you can just flip it/ use a new page, no need for rewriting both sides. and it works better with the oven method.
This notebook is less environmentally than paper actually, from the reviews it seems like it can only be reused 3 times in the microwave. It is made of plastic, so it's not biodegradable like paper. Even if it is recyclable, the process of doing so would take up a lot of water/ energy.
This is useful for business workers/ managing teams that do not have a printer/ scanner nearby and need to share info quickly. For students, I think good old paper and scanner works better.
The book is also very pricey, and for a student, you will probably need 2 - 3 of these to have a book for different subjects and having paper copy of a few previous lectures to do HW.
Remember to scan your note frequently and label them clearly though.
Thank you for sending such a detailed reply, I really appreciate it! This was very helpful
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
iPad + apple pencil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.91%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.75%

Watched Threads