Keele University

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the night life is like at Keele Uni?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey!
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the night life is like at Keele Uni?
On campus nightlife is pretty much confined to the Students' Union if you're into the party environment. The SU hold regular events and plenty of people attend. There are also events within the SU organised by societies which all tend to be pretty popular, especially those organised by the Keele Rock Appreciation Posse (KRAP).

If you want to go further afield then Newcastle has a good collection of cocktail bars and pubs, not a great deal to describe as a nightclub particularly though, for that you'd need to head out to Hanley (which many students do).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
On campus nightlife is pretty much confined to the Students' Union if you're into the party environment. The SU hold regular events and plenty of people attend. There are also events within the SU organised by societies which all tend to be pretty popular, especially those organised by the Keele Rock Appreciation Posse (KRAP).

If you want to go further afield then Newcastle has a good collection of cocktail bars and pubs, not a great deal to describe as a nightclub particularly though, for that you'd need to head out to Hanley (which many students do).
Thank you! What type of events are there? Anything fun? I’m really sociable and a bit of a party animal and I’ve heard bad things about the night life being dull which worries me. :/
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Thank you! What type of events are there? Anything fun? I’m really sociable and a bit of a party animal and I’ve heard bad things about the night life being dull which worries me. :/
Dull is very subjective. ;p

There are headphone discos (always popular), big events at the start and end of each semester. A particular highlight is Woodstoke, which is an indoor and outdoor event where they take over the car park and the whole SU building, playing different kinds of music all over. The Freshers Ball is usually pretty large. I'm not an expert on this kind of music so I wouldn't be able to tell you much on that side of things but I know that the spaces within the SU are used every night. The SU always does something big for Halloween, Valentines etc. Other events (some of which are organised by societies but are open to anything) include Throwback Nights, Guilty Pleasures, Glitter Parties etc.
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!
Hi there!

Personally, I think the nightlife at Keele is excellent! The Students Union host an event of some sort every night. Usually, they put on 3/4 bit party nights on each week and on the other day’s they host things such as pub quizzes and karaoke nights, so there really is something for everyone! In saying that, if the SU isn’t your thing and you prefer a quieter atmosphere, there’s other bars around campus such as Lindsay Bar that does lovely food! They also host pub quizzes and have darts boards and pool tables in there to! I’ve spent some lovely chilled evenings in Lindsay Bar as well as some nights in the SU! The SU quiet often get acts such as The Hunna, Circa Waves, East 17 and Rizzle Kicks to name a few to perform! Those nights are always very busy but have a wonderful atmosphere! When it comes to festive seasons. the SU have put up festive tents in the past where you can enjoy mulled wine, hog roasts and all things festive! They also do Halloween parties to! There’s open mic nights and when big events are on such as Eurovision, they often show it in the SU where you can enjoy it with your friends!

If you’re wanting more a night out outside of campus then the local town Newcastle Under Lyme has some lovely bars/cocktail bars/pubs and clubs which are always nice to visit! There is also Hanley where you’ll find the bigger clubs that’s only a taxi ride away. Me and my friends often got the train to Manchester for about £3 with our railcards as it only takes an hour and we enjoyed the nightlife in Manchester to because it’s so easy to get to!

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions then please don’t hesitate to ask!
Last edited by Keele Postgraduate; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.8%
Note taking apps (7)
1.87%
Flashcards (86)
22.93%
Revision guides (19)
5.07%
Past papers (171)
45.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.73%

Watched Threads