The Student Room Group

Acceptance onto dentistry courses with lower grades than offer?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows of cases where people have been accepted onto dentistry courses with lower grades on results day than were needed to meet their offer requirements? If so, was there any negotiation required or were they just sent a usual email saying they have been accepted?

Would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks
Original post by Dreamy44
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows of cases where people have been accepted onto dentistry courses with lower grades on results day than were needed to meet their offer requirements? If so, was there any negotiation required or were they just sent a usual email saying they have been accepted?

Would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks

I have never heard of cases like this before, especially as dentistry is already competitive for applicants who meet the minimum grades. At best, applicants who were not competitive enough at interview may be placed on reserve list....

Interested to see if there have been cases that have managed to do it without meeting the academic requirements
Reply 2
Original post by Dentalmentoruk
I have never heard of cases like this before, especially as dentistry is already competitive for applicants who meet the minimum grades. At best, applicants who were not competitive enough at interview may be placed on reserve list....

Interested to see if there have been cases that have managed to do it without meeting the academic requirements

Ah I see. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply

Latest