The Student Room Group

Business Management or Accounting and Finance?

I have currently applied for Accounting and Finance but am unsure whether to switch to Business Management? Which degree is better and opens more opportunities?
Original post by etienne26
I have currently applied for Accounting and Finance but am unsure whether to switch to Business Management? Which degree is better and opens more opportunities?

Hi @etienne26,

I am Millie, a final year Business Management & Marketing student.
In my first year we had a 'core business school' year where students of all elements of business undertook mostly the same modules (accounting, marketing, business management, economics) to expose us to different areas of business we may be interested in. Then at the end of our first year we could change our degree if we wished (similarly to you I wasn't certain about the degree I was on!). Some universities may offer you the opportunity to do a joint honours degree of Business Management with Accounting so I would definitely recommend looking at the course structure and whether you have the opportunity to do this.

Personally I wouldn't say one degree was better than the other, it just depends what you enjoy!

Take care,

Millie
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. Both of my choices don't have a 'core business school' unfortunately, nor a joint honours degree. Just unsure with accounting as I have never done it before, business management will be more broad and less narrow, so maybe less risky than going the accounting route.
Original post by etienne26

Hello @etienne26,

I am currently a second-year Business Management and Leadership student studying at Coventry University Scarborough. The Business Management and Leadership degree offers a range of different modules, including finance and economics modules which may benefit yourself. Click here to find out more about the degrees which Coventry (Scarborough) offer.

Hope this has helped!

Aimee - Student Ambassador (Coventry University - Scarborough)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending